Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Tournament Tracker Beta 1

-----
It isn't searching sub-directories on import? I assume given a directory you are just searching the text files in that given directory?

I think it would be helpful if it would recurse through subdirectories. It would also be convenient if the directory it defaulted to was the last one I imported from rather than the ...\HandHistory\ folder every time. I try to move my hand histories from the PP HH directory and archive them in another directory, which has over a year's worht of HHs.

-----
It mishandles the scenario where " ... finished in [x] place" is not present in the HH file. This can happen if I quickly exit the table when I'm going to lose out of the tournament. If you finish 1st, the HH file does not contain " ... finished first place." ... the HH simply ends (which you know from working on this). So, if in a HH where "finished in fourth" was not present, it defaulted to me taking 1st in that tournament. Now my ROI looks more impressive that way, but... I would rather it assumed the worst. So, if it can't find "finished in [x] place," I would prefer it take the number of players in the last recorded hand of the tournament and use that number as the place.

*** I didn't check to the scenario where multiple HHs were placed in a single file, but I'm sure you've taken care of this.

-----
The graphs and filters are great.

-----
I also couldn't find any options of deleting certain tournaments from the records. It could also be helpful to manually enter or change tournament records. The $$ per hour seems to be incorrect.

In general, the program looks good! I'm sure other people could have a design suggestion or two, but it does what it needs to do.

Nice work.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-----
It isn't searching sub-directories on import? I assume given a directory you are just searching the text files in that given directory?

I think it would be helpful if it would recurse through subdirectories. It would also be convenient if the directory it defaulted to was the last one I imported from rather than the ...\HandHistory\ folder every time. I try to move my hand histories from the PP HH directory and archive them in another directory, which has over a year's worht of HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Added a recursive search for up to 1 directory deep.

[ QUOTE ]

-----
It mishandles the scenario where " ... finished in [x] place" is not present in the HH file. This can happen if I quickly exit the table when I'm going to lose out of the tournament. If you finish 1st, the HH file does not contain " ... finished first place." ... the HH simply ends (which you know from working on this). So, if in a HH where "finished in fourth" was not present, it defaulted to me taking 1st in that tournament. Now my ROI looks more impressive that way, but... I would rather it assumed the worst. So, if it can't find "finished in [x] place," I would prefer it take the number of players in the last recorded hand of the tournament and use that number as the place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed, it think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

*** I didn't check to the scenario where multiple HHs were placed in a single file, but I'm sure you've taken care of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a party player, so didnt know this was possible.
If someone could send me a sample history in which this occurs, i would most appreciate it.
[ QUOTE ]

-----
The graphs and filters are great.

-----
I also couldn't find any options of deleting certain tournaments from the records. It could also be helpful to manually enter or change tournament records. The $$ per hour seems to be incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Select a tournament or multiple ones, and hit the delete key on your keyboard.

Also i wasn't sure how to calculate $$/hour.
I am currenctly just summing all the tournament durations for the ammount of hours played.
Should i calculate the amount of time between the start of the first tournament, and the end of the last?
[ QUOTE ]

In general, the program looks good! I'm sure other people could have a design suggestion or two, but it does what it needs to do.

Nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
If i can get hold of a History with multiple tournaments in the file, i will deal with this and uploaded a new version later.
So can someone PLEASE send me such a history.
My email is above.

Also, try double clicking one Tournaments in the list to see a hand history.

Have to go shopping now but i'll be back soon.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:23 AM

A couple things I noticed.

First, a mini step 3 came up and was listed as I had gotten first, and a winning of $250. The hand history says as the last hand that I took 8th. Im not sure if anything can be done about this, and I dont think its a huge deal.

Second, when I tried double clicking on a couple of my old tourneys, an "unhandled exception has occured" error popped up. I was able to click continue, and the program is fine, but those hand hisories never do come up. For some reason, it only does it with two tourneys from a couple months ago. There are a couple more from the same time which load fine.

Lastly, this isnt a problem with the program, but I think it would be a really nice feature to be able to sort the columns.

Just noticed something else. For the total hours, it adds each individual time of each tourney, even if there are 3 or 4 that started at the same time. That will skew the per hour rate. Again, I dont know anything about programming, so Im not sure how to fix that exactly. Maybe the program could look for continuous blocks of time that a SNG was played, and could that as a block of time for all those tourneys. Maybe each group of tourneys played together could be alternating color coded (like each song in Itunes, but blocks of tourneys in this case). Also, from this perhaps it would be easy to display a number of tourneys played at the same time, on average, something like the use of "multi tabling"

After reading your post above, which I had skimmed over earlier, I think it would be best to do basically what you said. Look for the first tourney started and the last one ended and use that time in between. But you'd have to make sure that the start time for the last tourney is before the end time of the first tourney, or whichever one is before it. This loooks confusing as I'm typing it, but its making sense in my head. It may be easier to visually describe it. I think I'll email you a visual representation of it.

Every time the program is opened up, the columns resize. Is there any way to keep them saved from last time the program was open?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:16 PM

Yea, it's not seperating multiple HH files. I'm not software affluent so I don't know what other information to give. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2006, 02:46 PM

tshort and skreemer7, thanks very much for the feedback and emails.

I have now fixed the problem with multiple histories in one file, and i'll try get an updated version out later after I fix some other bugs.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tshort and skreemer7, thanks very much for the feedback and emails.

I have now fixed the problem with multiple histories in one file, and i'll try get an updated version out later after I fix some other bugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't wait. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]