Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: What happened to Poker Mountain?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mac: I'm not sure of our schedule, probably not everything right from the start, but Mac (and other platforms) are definitely preplanned in our design. The one good thing about coming back into the game this late is that we get a much clearer view of where the poker industry is headed, so we are able to build in all the hooks we think we'll need as we move forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bonuses and rakeback: I talked about this in another post, my personal opinion (which will not count for much as it's not my department) is that rakeback may not be the best way to bring in novice and amateur players, I think that more attracts the pros. But we will definitely be very competitive overall, we've got a lot of catching up to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Buying bonus dollars: I love that idea, we already have that ability in our new design, but I don't know for sure if and how it will be used just yet, but I can tell you we are going to be extremely flexible in many aspects of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your posts in this thread have been enough to convince me to give you guys a shot when you get back. Give me a mac client, the ability to buy bonus dollars, and rakeback, and you'll get a very very long look.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Mac client, rakeback and good loyalty bonuses and you can count me in as well.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buying bonus dollars: I love that idea, we already have that ability in our new design, but I don't know for sure if and how it will be used just yet, but I can tell you we are going to be extremely flexible in many aspects of the site.

This is the best idea around for using FPP's and to my knowledge the only site currently offering it is Pokerroom.

I used 10k in points there last week to buy a $150, 6x bonus. They got about 15 table hours of play I'd have spent elsewhere, I got the $150 and everybody's happy. More sites should do this.

Is it just pokerroom proper or do the skins do this as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom is the only one I've seen and I have active accounts there, Holdem, Eurobet, BetonBet, Fabulous and Aloha.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:37 AM

Hollywood also.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:09 PM

turned out to be a mole hill, it would appear.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hollywood also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hollywood allows you to buy bonuses?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:01 PM

You SHOULD NOT allow rakeback.

Give all customers a fair deal. Why should some shill make money off me playing your site? Just reduce the rake, 2-3% something reasonable.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hollywood also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hollywood allows you to buy bonuses?

[/ QUOTE ]

What else would my post imply? Not trying to be a dick, though there is a little bit of sarcasm here....
Old 06-10-2006, 02:08 AM

Thank you for your opinion Beavis68, quite honestly I am not too well informed on the whole issue of rakeback, and luckily it's not my department [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (I am sending all of these comments on to the right people), but I share your view that everyone should benefit from whatever we come up with. But, as I've said before, from a personal point of view I am nervous about giving back in the form of rake as it seems to me that it matters far more to the serious players than to the casual ones. I think if we cater to the casual players the pros will come for the soft games (see: Par'ty) and not be so concerned about the rake, so I'm thinking I'd rather we give back in other ways, like freerolls, free cash, etc. Does that make any sense, or am I way off?

On another note, we plan on supporting several platforms, including Mac (probably not right out of the gate), but now that Macs do Windows, is the Mac issue as big as it used to be?

Thanks again to everyone for your comments and opinions, we really appreciate the input.

Paul
Old 06-10-2006, 06:30 AM

Change the name, brit
Old 06-10-2006, 11:51 AM

I considered greatdane, greatpoo, oh, you mean that other name, I think we are stuck with that one, we already hade the T shirts made up.