Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Re: bodog - bodog - why? - why? new download

In the words of Men on Film...
"Haaaated it"
Old 01-14-2006, 10:58 AM

I tried playing a tournament today and had a TERRIBLE experience. I had decided I wasn't going to e-mail Bodog, but I changed my mind. Thought I'd post the e-mail in case anybody is interested. I know they won't listen, but I hope they do. This really is terrible.

--------------------------------------------------------

To whom it may concern

I know that you are probably bogged down with e-mail complaints right now and I originally told myself I wasn't going to write one because A) I didn't think it would do any good and B) I would just get a "standard" e-mail response back

Instead of complaining and telling you about how terrible your interface is I would like to suggest something....and this might be difficult for Bodog to do and I'm 99% sure it will never happen, but you (the higher ups at Bodog) need to simply go back to your old interface.

I know companies don't spend millions of dollars to try to upgrade just to scrap the whole thing and go back to their old one, but speaking as someone who is fairly educated in both business and poker, I honestly believe the best thing to do is to just say "okay....we tried to change some things, it was a mistake, let's go back to the old interface".

The bottom line is that by keeping this junk that you have developed (no offense, but it really is junk) you are simply going to hurt your business more than if you simply go back to your old interface and cut your losses. Your interface is worse than Pacific Poker......which is really a shame
because you had one of the best poker web sites on the net.

I'm not going to get into why this interface is so awful (which it is) because I know you have thousands of e-mails telling you exactly why....I'm e-mailing to tell you.....it would behoove both Bodog and the poker players who want to play at Bodog if you would simply scrap this new interface and go back to the old interface. It's time to cut your losses.

I was one of Bodog's biggest fans and I really loved your site....it WAS one of the best sites out there. As an active poker player, your site no longer provides me with the environment I need to play the kind of online poker that I need to play to achieve any of my poker goals, let alone
simply have an enjoyable poker experience. Unfortunately, I think I have to move to PokerStars because this is really just unacceptable.

Please cut your losses and go back to the old interface. There was nothing wrong with the way it was....

Jeff
Sparta45
Old 01-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Coke 2
You [censored] up fix it
The problem is even if they do go back to the old software, it will take months and by then the donkeys won't be coming back.
I truly can not believe they not only spent money to make this crap, but tested out and determined people liked it? For there own sake they better fix it fast.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:55 PM

Just keep the pressure on. Keep sending e-mails. Even if they are just one or two lines. Better yet, call them. E-mails easily get shuffled to their "Interface Sucks" folder, but Bodog Customer Service has to listen to you. It's their job.

When I called up last night I had about a ten minute conversation with one of their CS guys. It was mostly me talking, and I could tell by the end of the conversation the guy was definitely thinking, "C'mon, buddy, you've said that six times already." You know what? I don't care. Somebody is going to take the time to listen to me, and I'm sick of sending e-mails and getting the "cookie cutter" responses that I'm seeing.

Last nights conversation was comical. He was the first guy (I've talked to three on three different nights) that tried lying to me about how their new software is great. I asked him a few questions like, "What does everyone else think about it?" He said that, "there have been disappointed people, but that's going to happen with any new product. You'll hear from them, but you won't hear from the people that really love your product." I almost laughed at that comment.

After talking for a while longer the dude finally broke down and said that the response has been "absolutely terrible" to their new interface. He's also, "really curious how this is going to pan out, how they are going to fix things." The way he said it in context with what we were talking about basically said, "Ohh man. We really eff'ed up. I'm curious if they can rebound fast enough with a new product or with the old interface so this site doesn't go in the tank."

You know...Pare of me hopes this is a huge joke, a huge "planned marketing scheme" or something. Wasn't that the original idea behind Coke 2, or at least how it worked? CocaCola sales were slipping so they took it off the shelves and "improved it," making Coke 2. The backlash was so phenominal that they had no choice but to come out with CocaCola Classic. From day one their profits soared.

I hope Bodog is following the same plan. It's working so far.

1) They had a great product that people were happy with, but they weren't getting the business they thought they deserved.

2) Create a "new and improved" version of your site that is so utterly terrible that it gets lots of negative press and/or word of mouth on forums.

3) Realize their "mistake" and go back to their old interface, or a newer, better one.

4) All of it's players (old and new) will rejoice and start spreading the gospel of how great Bodog is again, getting others to join in on the fun.

I dunno, it's possible, but not likely. All I know is, I've seen more talk about Bodog on forums than I ever have....and it's been 100% negative. Just think if they went back to the old interface, or a newer, better one? I know I'll be the first one to proclaim that Bodog is great (in the past I did not talk about Bodog because the games were SO good that I wanted them all to myself).

Okay, I'm done rambling....

Seriously. Call Bodog. It's toll-free. (866) 9092237
Old 01-14-2006, 04:26 PM

3rd upgrade, same problems. Calling today
Old 01-14-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coke 2
You [censored] up fix it
The problem is even if they do go back to the old software, it will take months and by then the donkeys won't be coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't. If they are doing any sort of proper source code control they should be able to go back to the last revision of the old software, rebuild, and have it up in a day. They haven't really added any new features to the site that may have caused server side changes (HH still the same, ecash statements still the same, etc...) so I think the whole thing is doable quickly. Here is hoping that they do do it quickly.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:31 PM

I didnt say it should i said it would
I hope I am wrong
I hope this really is some sort or marketing [censored]
If people were able to test out the new software on the old one why can't they let us use the old now?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt say it should i said it would
I hope I am wrong
I hope this really is some sort or marketing [censored]
If people were able to test out the new software on the old one why can't they let us use the old now?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost certainly no mere marketing ploy and I am sure that the powers that be at Bodog think this is a great improvement to the interface. I agree that it is a terrible error on their part. If you play Bodog, the only real hope is to bombard them with calls and e-mails AND to vote with your bankroll. If they lose enough players and keep hearing the same reason for the loss - they will respond.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:58 PM

I withdrew after trying for a day or two to play there

...Folding my hands before I can act
...very difficult to multitable
...the cards are small
...even smaller in the side PIP windows
...Tough to know who is still in the hand
...no sound to let you know (or pop up) when you are up at another table
...color terrible
...software freezes
...sometimes I cannot see my cards at all (not becasue they are small...becasue they are not there)

And I phoned them an told them this. I emailed them as well. Told em all this and showed a few hands where I was WAY ahead and was folded before I could act.

They told me that I would get used to it.

Get used to my hands getting folded? not being able to see the cards? to it freezing? to not knowing when it is my turn to act?

The guy I talked to said they are getting lots of POSITIVE feedback!?!?!?

Anyway, full withdrawl...commenced.

JW
Old 01-14-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did eveyone get their cashouts from that day?? Mine still hasn't hit neteller..over 1K [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cahsed out in 2 chunks, both came to me within a few hours.