Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 AM

Default Party happy hour points

I get the idea with hapy hour points:

3) Happy hours: During happy hours, you can double the rate at which you earn your regular PartyPoints. Happy hours are from 4:00 a.m. ET to 2:00 p.m. ET. So, if you have earned four regular PartyPoints by playing on a live game or a tournament during happy hour periods, you will receive four bonus PartyPoints.

And the idea with gold/silver level multipliers:

Silver players earn 1.5 times the amount of regular party points earned by blue players. Gold players earn twice the amount of regular party points earned by Blue players.

But at silver level playing 10/20 FL during happy hour I only seem to earn (18x1.5 silver bonus) + (18 basic happy hour bonus) = 45. Where is the 1.5 multipler on the happy hour points? Party's wording implies I should be getting 54 per 20 raked, not the 45 I'm receiving.

Anybody else noticed this? Am I just being picky?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Party happy hour points

happy hour points are "bonus" points (as one points generated by deposits and raked days per week/month). they do not apply to silver and gold multipliers as they would for "regular" points which are only generated from raked games and tourney fees.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM

Just wondered as the level multiplier increases the number of regular points, and the happy hour bonus doubles your regular points. Maybe just bad wording by Party for a change then.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:26 PM

I just got off the phone with PartyPoker and the first person I talked to said that as a gold member during happy hours earns double of double regular party points so 4x total points. I didnt quite believe the lady because she wasnt too sure herself and didnt seem to know what she was talking about. So I had them transfer me to the VIP dept.

The guy at the VIP dept. told me you only earn 3x total points for being a gold member and playing during happy hours, but he also wasnt sure about it. He said thats what they told him. I said "well thats funny" because the website implies 4x by the following logic:
You get double the amount of regular points a blue member would earn as a gold member.
During happy hours, for every 1 regular point you earn, you earn 1 bonus point. So if you get double the regular points as a gold member, that means you earn 2 regular points instead of 1, and then get 2 bonus points ontop of those 2 regular points (1 bonus point for each regular point)

So then he went and checked it with his supervisor and then a large argument ensued in the PartyPoker VIP dept. and then they decide that its actually 4x and not 3x, and that the wording on the site is really poor. They are going to have a team "look into it" and change the wording to make it more clear (since it confused so many people), and they also gave me $100 for bringing it to their attention. I felt really good at the end of it all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]