Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Best 1st hand ever!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a brag unless you absolutely crushed someone/multiple people.

A brag is taking someones entire stack with flopped quads when they have the nut house as I did tonite.

[/ QUOTE ]

On your first hand?

I did play the hand perfectly by raising 2 pre-flop into 2 limpers who called, and then calling a $10 all-in on a straight draw, which they caught on the river to no avail.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your original post it says you made quad Aces..but now it looks like you are saying you lost to a str8 on the river, so which is it?

And no, I didn't make quads on my first hand. That would be an Ub3r-133t-N1nj4-H4x0rz Brag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does it say he lost to a straight?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If all these hands were NL you could have made the ever elusive "mad" money, but instead settled for the "slightly irritated" money. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My quad 8's was in NL and I didn't make mad money. Out of curiousity, how was my line in that hand?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a brag unless you absolutely crushed someone/multiple people.

A brag is taking someones entire stack with flopped quads when they have the nut house as I did tonite.

[/ QUOTE ]

On your first hand?

I did play the hand perfectly by raising 2 pre-flop into 2 limpers who called, and then calling a $10 all-in on a straight draw, which they caught on the river to no avail.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your original post it says you made quad Aces..but now it looks like you are saying you lost to a str8 on the river, so which is it?

And no, I didn't make quads on my first hand. That would be an Ub3r-133t-N1nj4-H4x0rz Brag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had quads. he pushed on the flop and thought he was good when he caught a straight on the river.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:33 AM

His line of "which they caught on the river to no avail." First he says the player "caught it on the river" which makes me think the player hit their str8, then says "to no avail" which sounds like he lost even though he said he played it perfectly.

Or he could saying the player didn't catch the str8 on the river but going about it in a manner that is more complicated and unneccessary.

I dont like reading brags that make me do a double take and ponder exactly what he just said.

Besides I dont know of anyone that talks like he did in that line, so its new and confusing to me.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:37 AM

I see everything clearly now.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM

Wow Scotty you win! Quads four times on the first hand is a new worlds record, congrats man.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If all these hands were NL you could have made the ever elusive "mad" money, but instead settled for the "slightly irritated" money. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My quad 8's was in NL and I didn't make mad money. Out of curiousity, how was my line in that hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make another bet on the turn. Theres a flush and str8 draw on the board. He either called ur flop bet with an ace or a draw and he's likely to call a half-pot bet with either hand on the turn. If he doesn't hit his "draw" on the river then your not getting any more money out of him, so you need to get it from him on the turn.

If u know him to be the type to bluff at any sign of weakness then I check on the turn and hope he bets for me.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make another bet on the turn. Theres a flush and str8 draw on the board. He either called ur flop bet with an ace or a draw and he's likely to call a half-pot bet with either hand on the turn. If he doesn't hit his "draw" on the river then your not getting any more money out of him, so you need to get it from him on the turn.

If u know him to be the type to bluff at any sign of weakness then I check on the turn and hope he bets for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice job. I was thinking $15-$20 bet to price him in, but 1/2 pot bet ($25) seems the better play.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I just got knocked out of the Stars $20/20-table S&G and was looking to get even, so I joined a .25/.50 NL table and got dealt in from CO+1 for .75 and am promptly dealt AA. Followed by a A on the flop. Followed by a A on the turn!

Quad A's on my first hand, yowsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sat down at a $50 NL table? Posted more than you should have in the cut-off and then ended up all-in for your, what, $13 stack on the turn?
Old 06-09-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I just got knocked out of the Stars $20/20-table S&G and was looking to get even, so I joined a .25/.50 NL table and got dealt in from CO+1 for .75 and am promptly dealt AA. Followed by a A on the flop. Followed by a A on the turn!

Quad A's on my first hand, yowsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sat down at a $50 NL table? Posted more than you should have in the cut-off and then ended up all-in for your, what, $13 stack on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly correct, I was one off the CO and my stack was $50 but the all-in guy only had $13. It wasn't the amount that was noteworthy, it was the circumstances.

Guess I need to work on my hand posting skilz