Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Results and thoughts

i ended up pushing, villian called with ATo, and of course i lost

i'm not convinced pushing is the obvious play here. i feel like villian is going to call with any 2 that he would open raise with here - he only needs to call 7k in a 13k pot (basically getting 2-1)?

he's obviously calling with 22+, AT+, and KJ+. i think a lot of players will call with any ace and even hands like QT, JT, etc.

i think pushing would clearly be the right play if i had around 5-7k more chips. or if i had at least 66+ (fares a lot better vs A5 and 44 type hands)

obviously i don't mind getting my chips in vs two overs, but with very little fold equity, i wonder if there's a better spot to go all in. it's like comparing to the situation if SB just pushed preflop. would you still call with 33 here, ?

thanks for all your thoughts
Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: 33 preflop decision on the bubble party 40k

Who said to do a stop and go? And I disagree, being that you have no fold equity preflop, a stop and go > pushing because you have some fold equity post flop. With folding preflop being the best option of the three.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:51 PM

What's your screenname and on what sites do you play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:56 PM

man - i must be uber tight to day or something but your fe is low, he almost has to call a push and at best, repeat at best, your a coin flip. my cards are mucked so fast at this point

in essence you all are saying youd call if he pushed into you since theres so little fold equity - sure dont see it