Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Bad beats on certain sites?

does anyone else find that on certain sites they get bad beat more than others. maybe its because of playing style of the people on the site or ???????? i find that on so far hollywood poker and pokerroom i get 2 outed like crazy but on fulltilt it is a lot less often. today alone i got 2 outed about 6 times not including long shot backdoor straights and flushes. maybe im just steaming but while playing on 2 sites at once im having 2 kinds of luck. is it possible ones program is faulty?????????
Old 06-08-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Bad beats on certain sites?

Excellent post. I predict a fantastic thread
Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 PM

Yes on the sites I win on I get fewer bad beats than on the sites where I lose. This is remarkable that I hadn't correlated the two prior to now. Thanks so very much for the new information.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM

the sites are fair. it's just some good/bad luck.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:53 PM

It's called a doom switch, on PokerRoom(and skins)by default it is set to the on position . You will have to ask support to turn it off. Also if you make a cash out you will need to ask them to turn it off again as cashing out seems to reset the switch.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:09 PM

Bad beats wreak havok on the psyche when they streak...but it is just that, a streak. It will work both ways- but you will just think you are a poker pimp when you're riding the high side! I watched a horrible player raising goofball hands but hitting crazy lucky flops for like two hours and win about 120 BB. You'd swear he knew the freaking flops ahead of time...but then, it all started to come apart (unfortunatly he left before I benefited from his reversal of fortune, taking a few decent players money with him.) Best you can do is try not to let it affect your game.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ImprovinNewbie

Reged: 04/13/06

[/ QUOTE ]

doubtful.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 PM

<font color="F8F8FF"> sarcasm! </font>
Bad beats actually occur more on sites that have high stakes games, but it's nothing to do with a "doom switch" or any silly thing like that. The problem is that luck, though we can't see, measure, or feel it, is an unseen force that operates under many of the laws of physics, much like gravity. Most of the time it's totally neutral and you just have your good and bad streaks. Sometimes though, a high stakes player will have a really bad streak. This causes tilt, and the tilt causes an even worse streak. Eventually that player busts and causes the equivalent of a luck supernova, with people winning money all over the place (a good time to play blackjack if you're on Party). The aftermath, though, is very, very bad. A black hole of luck envelopes that poker site and then you get the super bad beats like you've never seen before, over and over and over again. You get 2-outed, 1-outed, can't hit your draws, get big pairs only so that you will lose more money, etc. The effect lasts a long time, but you can realign your luck by switching games, like going to PLO8 or ttriple draw, or switching sites.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Bad man certain sites?

man was i steaming when i wrote this thread. i do hate certain sites and not understand why im a big winner on some and a up and down so much on others. but ARRRG. bad beats
Old 06-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Bad man certain sites?

I can't believe the amount of [censored] on this site. Clearly this guy is upset, and instead of giving a smartass nerdy answer how about actually answering the guys question logically?
Im not saying everyone gave a horrible answer, but still, grow up guys, no one thinks your funny. your just [censored].