Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 12:18 AM

Default filled on turn, river play?

$100 PLO, 10-handed

Seat 4: Hero (UTG, $133) [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Seat 5: Foe (UTG+1, $98)

PRE-FLOP
B1 posts blind ($1), B2 posts blind ($1), Hero calls $1, Foe calls $1, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $1, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, B1 checks, B2 checks.

(~$5) FLOP [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
B1 checks, B2 checks, Hero bets $5, Foe calls $5, MP1 calls $5, B1 calls $5, B2 folds.

(~$25) TURN [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
B1 checks, Hero bets $10, Foe calls $10, MP1 folds, B1 folds.

(~$45) RIVER [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

River line? Key considerations: (1) Foe has $82 behind. (2) Foe is unknown to me.

Critique of other streets welcome also.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:30 AM

Default Re: filled on turn, river play?

Think for a while and then make a sucker bet; you have the winning hand.

I like your play on every street.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:24 AM

Bet $20 and fold to raise *usually*. It is hard to construct a hand with both a 5 and 4 in it that called that flop, except something like A654 with nut flush draw on flop. And to call a raise on the river, you have to assume he would overplay an underfull. That is also the only type of hand that might call you here except for AA maybe since the flop draws didn't get there.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 AM

At PLO 100 players are better than at PLO 25 but you still find players chasing flushes against a paired board. Not knowing the player obviously doesnt help nor does being out of position. I like your turn bet, the only other way to play it would have been a check raise, may have got you more info but I don't like check raising here, I like the half pot bet. If he had queens he would have most likely potted you back to get as much in as possible. Some players would wait to repot you on the river either with queens or to represent them but most at the 100 level can't wait. Follow Riddick on the river.