Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Party 1/2 QQ easy turn fold?

BB is 63/15/.9 over 50 hands
CO is 83/8/.5 over 60 hands

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds....

Easy fold?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Party 1/2 QQ easy turn fold?

Yeah, I think getting out is best. (Edit: Actually, ugh, I don't know.)

Unless BB has AA (which is possible), then he was (probably) going nuts with a big ace on the flop (or 66 or 55, I guess). Edit: Or I guess maybe he has the same pocket 9's he had all along and ignored CO's flop play.

CO's flop call/cap is distressing and sort of looks like a set or maybe two pair, though I guess it could just be some more random hand he decided to join the fun with. But now on the turn he seems scared of the straight.

The situation sucks, because who knows what these guys have? They're obviously both terrible players, and I'm done trying to make sense of their play, and since you're asking, I guess maybe you would've won.

But the fold seems all right to me. I'm also tempted to call again just because it's just one bet and these guys are so bad and probably erratic. So I suppose I'm torn.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 PM

yeah i'd fold this. Your dealing with some rather aggressive players though, especially BB.

I'd find it hard to believe that no one has an ace right here and if they do, your drawing to 8 outs but only for a split.

Good fold
Old 06-07-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'd fold this. Your dealing with some rather aggressive players though, especially BB.

Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

You did see the decimal point before their aggression factor? I wouldn't consider either of them aggressive.

Thanks for the thoughs
Old 06-08-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

You did see the decimal point before their aggression factor? I wouldn't consider either of them aggressive.

Thanks for the thoughs

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, BB kinda is aggressive for his VP$IP. After our small sample of hands, anyway.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the thoughs

[/ QUOTE ]
you did realize that these guys play over 2/3 of their hands and probably have no [censored] clue how to play postflop so you really have no idea how they got the aggression factors they have, right?

good hand, but ignore these numbers.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and since you're asking, I guess maybe you would've won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn: (12.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (14.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Jd Kd (high card, king).
CO has 2c Js (one pair, twos).
Outcome: CO wins 16.25 BB. </font>

It wasn't so much that i would've won, but just the hands they had.

The more i think about this hand, it makes me wonder if i need to be calling down a lot more against these types of opponents in large pots.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:20 AM

I really don't see how you can call. Put them on your buddy list and value cap ace high.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:10 AM

Easy Fold