Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 PM

Default AA faces an overbet on the turn

This is my first hand post in SSNL, but I read a lot and have learned a lot from the advice given. Thought I would start with an AA hand.

So the villian in this hand was 46/12/1.75 and I am running pretty lag, probably about 35/22/3 or so. I don't recall him doing anything out of line, but this had me really confused. I thought that pushing the flop lets 99-KK out a bit light.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($124.65)
Button ($43.70)
SB ($136.10)
BB ($98.50)
Hero ($108.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($9) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, SB calls $24.

Turn: ($89) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $94.1 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Also, when the turn card hits, some idiot who isn't in the hand writes, "looks like the flush got there" in the chat window. Whether this has any bearing on the hand is debatable, I didn't put much thought into it.

Your Thoughts?
(and please walk me through your thought process.)
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Re: AA faces an overbet on the turn

Looks bad, I guess it's a fold as played. Maybe not a flush, could be a str8 or set.

You need to reraise more on the flop, you made the price too cheap for him to call with a flush draw. Shoving is good. If you really don't want to shove, make it $55 or so.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Preflop: Looks good
Flop: Ok Sb knows you are pot commited so if he actually has a flush draw, why would he minraise? Unless he wants a free card on the turn.

Turn: Scared of the flush? I would hate to think that he would push a flush right towards you when he could just check/raise.

As for a set on the board, it's very likely also.

NOTE: Don't take my advice too seirously as I'm just learning.

If someone could expand more on this, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 PM

your flop bet was way to small...dont miniraise.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 PM

As played I think this is definelty a fold on the turn. If you weren't behind before you are now. I've been running bad lately and my aces just don't seem to win, but if we are reraising more on the flop to say 55 or 60 are we really folding to anything with 40 left in our stack? Seems like we are just handing our stack over to 55 77 88. There has to be a better line/way to get away from our aces and I'm wondering if flat calling the flop miniraise and reevaluating on the turn isn't a better idea. But mabye I'm just being getting paranoid from running bad.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I think this is definelty a fold on the turn. If you weren't behind before you are now. I've been running bad lately and my aces just don't seem to win, but if we are reraising more on the flop to say 55 or 60 are we really folding to anything with 40 left in our stack? Seems like we are just handing our stack over to 55 77 88. There has to be a better line/way to get away from our aces and I'm wondering if flat calling the flop miniraise and reevaluating on the turn isn't a better idea. But mabye I'm just being getting paranoid from running bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I been thinking too. Like when do you draw the line from calling an AI with aces and folding them. If the hand had the ace of spades, it would had been easier.