Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Warning LONG

The company that bought RRR is simply an investment company that has a large internet portfolio. I looked into them long and hard and saw no evidence of them being an affiliate in any way, rakeback or non rakeback. They just invested their money in my business.

I can only assume Rakebrain is associated with Pokerlistings because they are mentioned on a rakeback page on PL. I'm guessing this is what so many others have based their opinions on. I dont have any confirmation though.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:44 PM

Hi John,

I'm still a bit sceptical - no offence.

1) Why would Rakebrain be the only one to get in contact with this investment group? And how would they know who how contact them in order to get their site up?

2) Rakebrain/Pokerlistings and now RakeRebateReview uses this javascript:
"<!-- SiteCatalyst code version: H.5.
Copyright 1997-2006 Omniture, Inc. More info available at
http://www.omniture.com -->" check the index file of all sites for a confirmation. I have problems believing that this is a coincidence.

3) They also changed their links to affiliates as well as the other links on the site, the way they did it was to use "/counter.php" as link. The /counter.php part is not very common coding - at least not for me, and it is the same type of coding as Rakebrain.com uses. This may of course also be a coincidence.

I might only be seeing connections that are not there. But are you 100% sure you have not been mislead in this matter and that the real owner in fact is Rakebrain/Pokerlistings?

Best regards,
Thomas
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have in fact sold RRR.

[/ QUOTE ]

John I know we have not been on the best terms, but i am sad to see you go. I hope the new owners of the site can do as good as job of running the site as you did and that they can improve the rakeback industry the way you did. I wish you and your family all the best in the future.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 PM

I to am very skeptical rakebrain did not buy RRR. Like "Clark" said, alot of evidence that would say otherwise
Old 06-07-2006, 11:17 PM

I agree. RRR was great because there was no conflict of interest. If the new owners have any connection to rakebrain or PL it will not have near the value to affiliates and players as it once did.

JAque
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 PM

I totally agree but only time will tell.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi John,

I'm still a bit sceptical - no offence.

1) Why would Rakebrain be the only one to get in contact with this investment group? And how would they know who how contact them in order to get their site up?

2) Rakebrain/Pokerlistings and now RakeRebateReview uses this javascript:
"<!-- SiteCatalyst code version: H.5.
Copyright 1997-2006 Omniture, Inc. More info available at
http://www.omniture.com -->" check the index file of all sites for a confirmation. I have problems believing that this is a coincidence.

3) They also changed their links to affiliates as well as the other links on the site, the way they did it was to use "/counter.php" as link. The /counter.php part is not very common coding - at least not for me, and it is the same type of coding as Rakebrain.com uses. This may of course also be a coincidence.

I might only be seeing connections that are not there. But are you 100% sure you have not been mislead in this matter and that the real owner in fact is Rakebrain/Pokerlistings?

Best regards,
Thomas

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty conclusive to me
Old 06-08-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Did RRR Sell?

I am pritty sure that the same people that own RRR now also own PokerRakeRefund and the only person advertising on PokerRakeRefund are iPoker clients and if you look at the affiliate id it points back to RakeBackOffers. Just some food for thought....could be totally baseless. Only time will tell who trully owns both rakeback directories.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Did RRR Sell?

[ QUOTE ]
I am pritty sure that the same people that own RRR now also own PokerRakeRefund and the only person advertising on PokerRakeRefund are iPoker clients and if you look at the affiliate id it points back to RakeBackOffers. Just some food for thought....could be totally baseless. Only time will tell who trully owns both rakeback directories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt RBO has the resources neccessary to purchase a site like RRR. Comparing PRR to RRR is really apples and oranges. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2006, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have in fact sold RRR.

[/ QUOTE ]

John I know we have not been on the best terms, but i am sad to see you go. I hope the new owners of the site can do as good as job of running the site as you did and that they can improve the rakeback industry the way you did. I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Olback I hope this can help bury our differences. The offer to have a peaceful industry relationship is still open and seems to have been quiet to me for a while.

Thomas, obviously an interesting post. The counters were added to help track the outgoing clicks by the new owner. I do not have any idea what program was used or how popular it is etc. This was something I had tried to do in the past and did not know how. I will look further into it.

Rakebackcodes, Pokerrakerefund is not involved in RRR. As most affiliates know they got out of the directory business. There is no connection between them and RRR now or at any time in the past.