Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 12:26 PM

Default NLTP and HOHIII through conjelco

anybody else have this situation: message when checking order status - because your book shipped from another warehouse, no furthur tracking information is available.

Frustrating having no idea when to expect these books.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: NLTP and HOHIII through conjelco

Yes, I had the same message. My books shipped via USPS Priority Mail on Tuesday, May 30 and arrived on Friday, June 2. I placed my order on Wednesday, May 24.

Maybe this information will help you calculate your implied odds on the arrival date of your order. Keep in mind that Memorial Day weekend fell between my order date and my shipping date.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 PM

Sounds like you need to make a conjelco visit.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:35 PM

I too am having this exact same problem. NLTAP is late and I have no clue what the hell is going on.

I do not understand what the book shipping somewhere other than the west coast has anything to do with Conjelco not being able to track it. I will probably not order from Conjelco until I am assured this is fixed. I can order from Amazon and be able to track the shipment from the very start.

I like to at least be informed.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 PM

I placed my order on May 5th and am still waiting for the NHLT&P book, even though I paid $9 for shipping via UPS. After a couple of days without a response, Conjelco finally got back in touch with me and acknowledged the screw-up and agreed to send it to me asap via "priority" mail. I assume I will have it today, but why would they not have offered to send the book via UPS so I could get it quicker, as I had originally intended? No one at Conjelco seems to have gotten that peculiarity, and an offer for a $5.50 shipping credit in the future doesn't really help me.

In all seriousness, perhaps 2+2 has exceeded Conjelco's ability to timely meet the preorders. That there were a lot of preorders is not an excuse. If I knew I would get my book after it went on sale via other outlets (and hence not a preorder), I might have gone elsewhere to get it.

Sorry to complain, but Mason and the others who run this site should be made aware of these issues - even if I happen to be a unique situation.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM

Arrived home today to find ... no f'ing book. Conjelco sucks.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:27 PM

I apologize for being unable to get over 1,000 orders out in a short period of time with a zero error rate. When problems such as the ones in this thread are brought to our attention at orders@conjelco.com we attempt to do things to make the customer as happy as possible.

I believe that in at least one of the cases below the customer gave us the wrong address, but that only excuses one of the delays.

As to why the shipping information has not been available online...in order to process over 1,000 orders in a short period of time we had to partially automate and streamline some of the order processing. An unfortunate side-effect of this is that online status is not available. But a simple note to "orders@conjelco.com" will usually get you a reply in a reasonable amount of time (though the staff is still busily shipping and that takes priority.) Please give us some time before you ask though.

All of that said, we strive to get all in-stock books out within a day of ordering and get the order to you as efficiently and ontime as possible. We sincerely regret it when we fail and try to make good to the customer.

Chuck
Old 06-06-2006, 09:56 PM

I recognize some of the people in this thread and have already discussed their complaints with them. (Which is not to say that I've been able to make them happy.) However to my knowledge I've not heard directly from a few of you. If you can identify yourselves to me I'll try to determine what caused the delay in the particular order.

Chuck
Old 06-06-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that in at least one of the cases below the customer gave us the wrong address, but that only excuses one of the delays.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Is this me? I just checked the shipping address on the order confirmation e-mail and it is correct.

EDIT:

Chuck,

If you are talking about whether I have conversed with you personally then no. I recieved an e-mail from a Conjelco rep a few days ago, however.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 PM

My books arrived on Monday (NLTP and HOH3) im really happy with ConJelCo, its a great store.... i thoguht it was gonig ot arrive on Friday or so.. anyway nice experience.
sad they do not have a tracking number available to expect books in a certain date, still is a really good store.