Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Preflop Quandry

Ok, here's a hand I played last night. What is the correct move and why.

You have two red 10's at a party 6 max table in the BB.

UTG folds, MP, a loose, passive player, calls, CO, a TAA player, raises, Loose agressive button calls, unknown in the SB calls, You?

Since the MP player is loose/passive, its doubtful you will be able to isolate it. In fact, you are probably just going to make a massive pot with your TT, one that will be very hard to play postflop. On the flip side, you have to think that your most likley ahead, and you should pump preflop for value. But if you DO pump the pot, you are going to give people proper odds to chase any overcards on you.

How many players in the pot does 3 betting become automatic? Should you only 3 bet TT IF you have a chance to isolate? Is JJ an auto raise in this situation?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Preflop Quandry

i think it is close between a call and a 3-bet, but i would 3-bet. you'll have crappy position either way, so i'd just as soon up my equity now. if you had better relative position, i'd be more inclined to just call.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:30 PM

Jacks are automatic, and tens are pretty much automatic for me here too. His range is HUGE.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:40 PM

6max table with 5 people in a raised up pot with 10's? I call. Mainly cause I'm too much of a pussy. But also cause I don't think 10's play well multiway unless you hit a set. Only from my personal experience out of position with 10's and a TAG with position on me, not necessarily due to odds calculation that I've done(though I'd love to see them). I'll check raise a good flop (prob. anything minus an A) Now if the 10's are suited..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2006, 02:18 PM

Why his is range HUGE? Your coinflip with him with the majority of his raising hands. He's isolating a loose limper in the BB. Assuming that he knows that the Button is also loose, you probably have K9s+, QJo+, and 66+. Your a coinflip with the majority of the hands there. There's alot of scary flops that could just kill your hand. Your building a massive pot with a hand whose value either divebombs or skyrockets after the flop. Any equity you might have vs his raising range is killed by the other 3 players in this pot IMHO. Heads up or even 3 handed? 3 bet. 4 handed+? I think just calling is the right move.