Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Sexy or spew?

$3/$6 game on Crypto. I have about 100 hands on maniac in CO, he's 75/49/1.2. He will raise preflop with anything and continue betting but, surprisingly, gives up pretty easily when people show resistance postflop. He'll flop turn or river if he has nothing. Everyone else at the table is pretty tight.

Do you think I can expect this play to work frequently enough for it to be profitable.

Villain is CO
Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG limps, UTG+1 limps,
villain raises , Button and SB call, I call, limpers call.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6BB)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, villain bets, button folds, SB folds, hero raises...

comments...
Old 06-05-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Sexy or spew?

This play is as good as your read.
I would rather have something here like 2 overcards or a PP but if you think you can do it with any two... Don't forget that you need to invest 1 BB on the turn as well.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 PM

"Don't forget that you need to invest 1 BB on the turn as well."

if you're going to do anything I would prefer calling the flop, making sure the limpers aren't interested, and then c/r the turn. it's only .5bb more expensive and it's much more likely to work (now you have a deuce)
Old 06-05-2006, 07:35 PM

You can't do this too often, but it looks like a good play to thow in occasionally against this type of villain. Villain (and the rest of the table) must be capable of letting go quickly for this play to make sense, and of course if you are caught, you must also be able to let it go. Don't get carried away, though, this is an occasional thing at best, especially with so many players seeing the flop. In fact, in this case it's probably a bit spewy- there are too many players looking at this flop. It's usually a bad idea to try to bluff more than one or two players, IMO.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:37 PM

I don't like it. You don't have anything in your hand to work with, plus you have 4 players including villain to react to your raise. Any of them could have a deuce or PP. This play has some spewitude to it, definitely. I mean, what is your plan? To have everyone fold and take it down right there? If you are called, then you are going to feel obliged to bet the turn, at which point you may get raised and have to throw away your hand. It's not really worth it. Pick a better spot to tangle with villain, like when you actually have a hand to play with.