Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Putting Norman on Tilt

After being in Vegas for most of the month I headed back to FW's for a couple of days of golf and poker. Friday night I'm in one of the 20 games going. SleepyJoeT is in the game, jkamowitz is at the next table, Hobbs is somewhere around, Joe Tall is having a go in the 75/150 HOE game and none other than Stormin' Norman has been moved from the must move into my game.

I have bluffed him out of a couple of pots when I knew he was on a draw and missed. It included 1 hand where he mucked his cards as soon as the river was dealt, so I didn't even have to bluff at it. He also had given me a free card on the flop which cost him the pot. He raised out of the SB w/ ATo after a few limpers including my limp w/ 66. Flop was AAJ and he checked and it was checked around. Turn was a 6 and then he decided to bet. He was starting to lose it so I decided to play one hand solely for the purpose to send him completely off.

He raised somewhere in EP, MP and it was folded to me in the BB and I called w/ T9o.

Flop is 884 I check call.

Turn is an 8 and I check/call again.

Turn is a T and I check, Norman checks and turns over his AJo. I turn over my hand and the mission was complete.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Putting Norman on Tilt

based on the previous hands, norman going on tilt couldn't have changed all that much about the situation!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Putting Norman on Tilt

Barry, nice meeting you and joe tall this weekend.

Thought I'd add my Norman story of the weekend as well. Appartenlty Norman got killed playing 20/40 all afternoon (read OP) so when a 40/80 gets going at 1am Norman is ready to play. So we're playing 5 handed or so for a while and Norman is card dead and constantly mumbling and cursing everytime he is dealt 92o and like and can't defend his bb.

Then a hand comes up where Norman is so pissed that he is continually getting dealt trash that he BITES the corner a card and rips it, then tosses it into the muck. Well, the dealer starts chuckling and calls the floor and gets them to get a new card. The floor brings the card back, and nobody says anything to Norman because we all know he is the reason for the game and just kind of continue along....