Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: GG PocketFives, howdy twoplustwo

x-post from gbmantis thread so ppl will see

"i suggest all the new people from p5's edit their display preferences because alot of people get turned off by the threaded view, etc.

here are some of my settings that seem to work well:
flat mode
collpased topics
parent posts: 40
posts per thread: 50
textArea columns: 105
Text are rows: 18

and i also use infopop skin but that is just preference.

hope this helps make is easier to navigate and read good discussion"
Old 06-02-2006, 11:08 PM

Wow, that sounds familiar.

A while back, I was banned by one of the admins (Adam Small) for no apparent reason, for a period of a few days. There was some negativity in one of the threads, and I took exception to the selective moderation of the thread in question. At the time, I called the admin who was engaging in said practice out within the thread. Adam flipped out and banned me, sending me a long-winded and pompous email in the process. At the time, there was some contention between Adam and me to begin with, as I also ran a poker-related website that hosted online tournaments. Though we never made any attempt to compete with PocketFives (and even advised our users to read PocketFives), for whatever reason the fact that I ran a poker website resulted in animosity and pompous condescending emails from Adam, despite the fact that at the time, PocketFives was fairly new.

Anyway.. that sort of nonsense went quiet over time, and I became an active contributor to the site. In early 2006, I was active in the Off-Topic forum, and things got a bit nasty. After some reflection, I decided that I didn't like the negativity, and used a PocketFives forum ability to edit my own posts for the month, essentially wiping them. Prior to doing so, I asked one of the Admins (Riley) to remove those posts, and he told me that it would be a large pain in the butt to do so.. yet said nothing whatsoever to indicate that doing so myself, that using an ability coded into their forum software, was anything that would be viewed negatively.

A few days later, I found myself unable to post. Adam Small had banned me, and refused to answer any emails inquiring why he'd taken such a unilateral action (unilateral in that I know at least one of the admins did not agree with his decision at all). Apparently, Adam was offended that I'd removed some of MY OWN WORDS from PocketFives. The fact of the matter is that he'd been waiting for any sort of remotely defensible reason for banning me permanently, thus asserting himself as some sort of forum overlord. I was put in my place, I tell you.. *lol*. The pomposity emanating from Adam Small makes his last name particularly appropriate.

After a while, I sent the admins a very calm, very well-reasoned email, requesting reinstatement to PocketFives. My profile had not been wiped to that point, though I had requested it be wiped. They don't want to reduce their usership numbers, and maintain posts of mine in their archive against my wishes, while preventing me from posting or updating my own profile.

I received no answer to my email. Meanwhile, I watched user after user violate the posted policies of PocketFives in ways far beyond anything I'd ever done.. and doing so repeatedly and willfully. But, there's a difference there.. those users who went unpunished were in the fanboy club. There's a very definite caste structure on PocketFives. Those who cash in the big events a lot.. those who are buddy-buddy with the Admins.. etc.. are untouchable and can do no wrong. It's really rather sickening.

I still scan the threads there from time to time, particularly to read posts from Fox and several others, but the degradation of PocketFives into a fanboy site for the faux stars of online poker has been sickening to behold. For the last few months, I've limited myself to a few forums and the RGP newsgroup. I don't feel like I'm missing all that much, and I hope to enjoy the input from various users on 2+2 even more than I ever enjoyed it on P5s.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 PM

Heh. They're so determined to be *THE* site for online poker that they foster rivalry with other sites even when it makes no sense to do so. I run a small site based on hosting tournaments and customized graphics for online play... and got the heavy-handed nonsense from the P5s admins. I offered to put a banner for P5s on my site, and once I'd done so, they sent me a ridiculous email about how they weren't pleased with its placement and that I'd need to improve said placement to continue posting on their site, given that I was known as the admin of a "competing" (nonsense) site. Insecurity is the rule there.. that's their business model. I hope for the sake of their users that as the site becomes more entrenched that they drop the complexes.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Well I am going to put a stop to bashing the mods there, they have all been good to me so there is no need for the bashing, if this thread wants to keep going it can but personal attacks on P5'ers wont be allowed.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, welcome to all of the new members (P5ers and others). We're glad to have you at 2+2 and hope that you'll contribute to and learn from our discussions.

I do, however, want to remind people of what Jurollo said. Let's please stop any further discussion about issues with P5s and what happened or didn't happened to you or some other poster. It doesn't matter to me (or most others) why or how you came to 2+2. It just matters that you're here. I really don't care to create any sort of tension between the two sites. So move on from whatever experience / issues you have with them and start using that energy in this forum and the MTT (strategy) forum.

Thanks, and again, welcome to 2+2.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Add me to the list, my first ban happened when I publicly asked the mods why they had deleted the Clint Eastwood theme music out of a post that I had re-added 3 times, when they let everyone and their brother post music into threads. That got me 2 weeks. The second one probably was my fault (a drunken tirade against some "E-Crewers" who were ganging up on me), but apparently because I was a "historical troublemaker" that gets me a lifetime ban. Oh well, if they want to continue mod-ing like this, it probably won't be good for their site long-term.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:10 PM

As both Jurollo and I said, no more bashing of P5 Mods. It brings nothing good to 2+2 and isn't at all relevant to what we do here. Thread locked.
Closed Thread