Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 PM

Default KK OOP vs LAG

Opponent 63 11 1.40 w2sd 41 90 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Common situation but I'm not sure if I'm pushing my OP's enough. Is this too little or standard?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: KK OOP vs LAG

i would 3-bet the turn.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, and if he caps what's your plan?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Without a better read, this is fine, but donking the river is worth considering once you beat J8, J4, and 84. As you get more familiar with his play, you can 3bet the turn.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, and if he caps what's your plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he caps I would just call and check/call the river. This fellow seems pretty damn aggressive, so I would have trouble conceding defeat once raised on the turn. I'm definitely not folding this hand to a player like this. They will take shots at you with anything. But I think I agree with the other posters comment that once you have a better read you can 3-bet this. Maybe the conservative play here was best considering the fact that you don't know how serious his turn raises are.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:06 AM

Opponent could easily have AJs here (and maybe a weakily played KJs). I'm 3 betting the turn. If I'm capped, I'm check calling on river. If I'm not capped, I'm betting river.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Bob, Pete -

Are you calling a blank (non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], non-board pair, non-K) river if you are capped on the turn?

-d
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 AM

I think I'd want more of a read than 90 hands worth of PT stats before I 3bet the turn.

I like wookies idea of donking the turn after the board pairs, but I might be results oriented here.

in the future erase all of the action after you make your final decision in the hand.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 AM

I'm definately calling it in that situation. The pot is large enough that I only have to be right (brain fried, 11 hour session math failng) ~ 8 percent? Ambitious AJ, KJ, monster diamond draw.. I think we have too much hand to let it go.

I think the river 5 is the money card for us in this case.