Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Paintball 101: Do I need to wear a cup?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going for the first time tomorrow...do I need to wear a cup? Anything else I should know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're a puss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I played, there was poison ivy in the brush. One of my buddies didn't bring a towel with him, so he wiped his trunk with his sweatshirt. Big mistake. Probably had it over 75% of his upper body.

I only had some on my thighs, and it was a bitch. Can't imagine what he went through.

PaintbaLL ROCKS. Have fun.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Trip Report

Paintball is the [censored].
Old 06-04-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going for the first time tomorrow...do I need to wear a cup? Anything else I should know?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 6 years ago a friend of mine was on a paintball team...they traveled and [censored] like that (gay I know) and he was in a tournament and forgot to wear a cup...and was going to go get his and said what could happen...

...5 minutes in he takes on right off the sack...puncture his testicle...blew up like a grapefruit and no kids for life now....so paintball at your own risk...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i read a few old threads about people talking abotu hwo they stopped playing bc it was so expensive....how expensive can it be? Once you buy all the [censored], that seems like a one time cost, the only [censored] you have left to constantly buy is paintballs and time at the field, so wtf am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very expensive, when my friend was playing seriously he was always upgrading his gear or buying a new marker. Paintballs aren't cheap and you could easily go through 10k+ in one day.

[/ QUOTE ]
$10k expendable funds in one day? Was he shooting with rare caviar?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i read a few old threads about people talking abotu hwo they stopped playing bc it was so expensive....how expensive can it be? Once you buy all the [censored], that seems like a one time cost, the only [censored] you have left to constantly buy is paintballs and time at the field, so wtf am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very expensive, when my friend was playing seriously he was always upgrading his gear or buying a new marker. Paintballs aren't cheap and you could easily go through 10k+ in one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]10k paintballs.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant 10k paintballs I believe, which is more than any sane person has to use. I usually go through a case (2000) or less in a day, so around $50-60 a day on paintballs, $15 field fee which inludes all day air if you're using a nitrogen system, co2 charges 4 bucks a fill but honestly there's no reason to ever use co2 anymore it just blows.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 PM

PA4- duh. You are retarded or??
Old 06-04-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About 6 years ago a friend of mine was on a paintball team...they traveled and [censored] like that (gay I know) and he was in a tournament and forgot to wear a cup...and was going to go get his and said what could happen...

...5 minutes in he takes on right off the sack...puncture his testicle...blew up like a grapefruit and no kids for life now....so paintball at your own risk...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf were they playing naked?

I've never worn a cup, with boxers and a pair of camo pants, I've taken hits off the nuts. One hit me in the crotch and it stung my peen, but I see no way a paintball could ever cause this kind of serious damage, they just don't do this. I don't believe thsi story.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
neck protection

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this work?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, but I just got back from a picnic where my friend told a paintball story. He got nailed in the crotch but was wearing a cup so he didn't feel anything.

I think he was doing one of those 1-on-1 duels (take ten steps, turn and shoot) so he was out in the open. I think in normal play, one doesn't expose their family jewels to an open line of fire.

But then again, if people are playing with those fully-automatic weapons, you might want to play it safe and wear a cup.