Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Just tested Stacked, and my god it sucks =(

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand why would you like to buy a bad poker video game when you can play better games online. If you want a sparring partner, get Poker Academy. It could be stronger, but still you can practice your moves with that, thinking as long as you want and playing against opponents that play like poker should be played (unlike people in small stake games).

I've tried only version 1.5 Pro but if 2.0 or 2.5 will be stronger I will be buying it. If not, it's still great sparring partner preparing for higher than small stakes (imo, just a fish myself, remember), even though it can be beated (and especially NL isn't strong at all).

Comments wanted on version Pro 2.0 and 2.5 if they are stronger than Pro 1.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I probably won't end up getting the game. I've played PA enough to know better. Besides, playing against people, even online, is more interesting. Despite it's limitations, PA helped me get a little bit of feel at little cost (I'd limp in EP w/ Q8o in FR LHE, etc.).
Old 06-04-2006, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that I find it to be some of the most compelling text I've glossed over in at least the last 30 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a very bad person, but this really cracked me up.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:15 AM

Well i think the AI is worthless =( and i played the game at hard. I would also say that i know ALOT about poker unlike the IGN reviewer, still didnt like the game.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:39 PM

You may certainly find better games playing online for real money, but playing this game beats most of the play-money games online because there's actually some logic behind the players' moves and no freaks who just want to go all-in every hand.

Tried to play online with it and found it very laggy and full of idiots. It's definitely pointless to play online with it if you have easy access to a PC.