Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Default What\'s in a name?

Well, if your name is Lee Harvey Oswalt it means you get waaaaaaay too much line respect today!

Oswalt has pitched okay this season. But just okay. Not nearly the dominating stud of years past. His K's are down and he is performing like a slightly above average major league starter. Not like a Cy Young contender or ace. He gets an ace line today though. And yeah his opposing (Ramirez) is a meatball but despite that hasn't performed all that poorly. Plus Oswalt has had some hamstring problems and may not be 100%.

Cincy hits way better than Houston besting them by about .7 rpg, 10 points of EqA and 50 points of OPS. Plus Cincy is a winning team and Houston can't quite breach .500

I like Cincy at +171 and I'm on the runline too (+1.5 runs -125). They have a much better chance than this line indicates. A +171 line means Cincy only needs to win this game around 37% of the time to break even. I think they win it far more often than that. Oswalts name inflation makes this a very juicy play today. I hope it comes in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: What\'s in a name?

FYI: Oswalt 15-1 career against my Redlegs (15-0 prior to his last start against them). And prior to this series, Houston had won 11 out of 12 against the Reds in Houston.

Might help explain the line somewhat. Not to mention Elizardo is crap.

Also, you might have missed this, but Oswalt will be going on 3 days' rest, FWIW...he and Pettitte both got moved up...Pettitte got hammered but then again he's been awful on regular rest.

P.S. Oswalt threw one behind Brandon Phillips last time out after he got two hits off him, no retaliation thus far...wouldn't surprise me to see Oswalt get knocked down at the plate this afternoon...

P.S.S. Astros struggling and now Pujols hurt?!...too good to be true!!! Go Reds! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI: Oswalt 15-1 career against my Redlegs (15-0 prior to his last start against them). And prior to this series, Houston had won 11 out of 12 against the Reds in Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were different Reds teams and I don't put much stock in what happened years past. Right now Oswalt is not the Oswalt of years past and the Reds aren't the Reds of years past.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those were different Reds teams and I don't put much stock in what happened years past. Right now Oswalt is not the Oswalt of years past and the Reds aren't the Reds of years past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you loud and clear but I don't think logically about the Reds...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 02:07 PM

Oswalt scratched...got it last minute at +180. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oswalt scratched

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping he'd go out and be ineffective [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] No action for me as I had pitchers listed. Good luck if you got an action bet.