Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 02:21 AM

Default Winning Player At .50/1.00, But Loser At 1/2?

I have been playing online poker for about 6 months now. Started at .25/.50, and have moved up to 1/2. I am a winning player player at .50/1.00 with a BB/100 of 2.08 after 15,000 hands 4 tabling. Once I moved up to 1/2, my BB/100 dropped to -1.81 over the last 11,000 hands (also 4 tabling).

I have played well over 35,000 hands in the last 6 months and have read SSHE. I usually follow Slansky's preflop recommendations and only deviate if warranted. I believe myself to be a better than average postflop player.

Some Stats From PT:

VPIP 14.75%
Won $ WSF 35.93%
Went to SD WSF 31.95%
Won $ at SD 52.10%
PF Raise 7.13%
PF Fold 80.67%

So... should I just assume this is variance, or does it seem like there might be some sort of problem with my play that needs to be corrected for success at the 1/2s?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Winning Player At .50/1.00, But Loser At 1/2?

are those your total stats including .5/1.00 or is that just your stats at 1/2... whats your AF? How often are you cold calling raises with suited connectors. Also i would concider rereading the SSHE flop play section as you say you've followed the Preflop section rather strictly i'd suggest rereading the flop section and make sure you've got a great understanding, it took me about 3 times rereading the book before i got a thorough grasp on many of the concepts, and i still occasionally will reread it as a refresher...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are those your total stats including .5/1.00 or is that just your stats at 1/2...

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are only my 1/2 stats.

[ QUOTE ]
whats your AF?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
How often are you cold calling raises with suited connectors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never

[ QUOTE ]
Also i would concider rereading the SSHE flop play section as you say you've followed the Preflop section rather strictly i'd suggest rereading the flop section and make sure you've got a great understanding, it took me about 3 times rereading the book before i got a thorough grasp on many of the concepts, and i still occasionally will reread it as a refresher...

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do... I do revisit sections after I've made errors and try to learn from my mistakes.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:13 AM

i have found, after consideration that I played a different game somewhat subconsciously playing at a bigger $ level just because it is harder to part with more money at a quicker pace if the game doesnt hit you. could this be part of the problem? stats aside
Old 06-04-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have found, after consideration that I played a different game somewhat subconsciously playing at a bigger $ level just because it is harder to part with more money at a quicker pace if the game doesnt hit you. could this be part of the problem? stats aside

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this problem when I starting playing live recently. I found myself playing very weak/tight because of the much bigger bet sizes than I was used to.

Also, you may want to stop 4 tabling for awhile untill you get a better feel for the game.

When I start playing NL I played just 1 or 2 tables to really concentrate on learning the game.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think so. I am very determined to move up in stakes and I don't believe the extra money in play is a factor for me. I had a horrible downswing (250+BBs) when I first started playing and didn't know much. I have learned from that, and expect loses to occur, but know that in the end I am a winning player. In a nutshell, no, I don't think the amount of loses is a factor, but I guess it is possible.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 AM

i think part of it stems from post flop play. At smaller limits it may be easier to bluff or sembluff at hands because it, in theory, "doesnt cost as much." But then at a more expensive level we start to think "oh sh**, this could get bad. My hand is beat, I better fold." PT doesnt give you those stats as readily
Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 AM

Then again, it could be variance too. 15k and 11k are not that many hands. I have over 50k of each, and that's still nothing. Overall, I've come to the conclusion that $1/2 is a tad tougher than $0.50/1. More TAGs, more tricky players, less fish.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:54 AM

What was you VPIP for .5/1? im wondering if you've tightened up too much at 1/2 i know that usually my problem any time i jump stakes, i find myself playing more Weak Tight than anything else
Old 06-04-2006, 04:30 AM

What is the AF stat? I don't see it anywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]