Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Stealthmunk vs. stevesbets HU 5K

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if they only collected 1% of the total matches played, if they had 3000 on any player, thats going to be pretty close to their 'actual roi'.

well, players skill level changes and so does the competitions, so 'actual roi' is a [censored] term, but it should be useful anyhow.

and i'm not saying it's good/accurate for total profit/avg profit. but statements like
"Sharkscope is ridiculously inaccurate and should NOT be used to gauge anyones performance. "

Are stupid without any qualifiers/explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, they miss a lot of 5k's. missing a few hundred 5k's of stevebets's where he plays say lars and gets really owned drastically changes the numbers. sng variance is a monster bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol so they selectively miss ones where he loses? I think 3k sngs is enough to gauge a good idea of his success.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 PM

also, go enjoy your birthday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] don't waste your time arguing with us
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if they only collected 1% of the total matches played, if they had 3000 on any player, thats going to be pretty close to their 'actual roi'.

well, players skill level changes and so does the competitions, so 'actual roi' is a [censored] term, but it should be useful anyhow.

and i'm not saying it's good/accurate for total profit/avg profit. but statements like
"Sharkscope is ridiculously inaccurate and should NOT be used to gauge anyones performance. "

Are stupid without any qualifiers/explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, they miss a lot of 5k's. missing a few hundred 5k's of stevebets's where he plays say lars and gets really owned drastically changes the numbers. sng variance is a monster bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol so they selectively miss ones where he loses? I think 3k sngs is enough to gauge a good idea of his success.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't arguing intentional selectivity [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] randomness in that can mean a lot though, even over large samples.

and yes, this will probably be the last sober post of the evening [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Stealth, no disrepect bro. I just saw the thread on P5s on how you thought Stevesbets sucks and it has been intriguing me. The last hand, meh, just had to show something I guess....

gl
Old 06-04-2006, 12:31 AM

no single hand shows ANYTHING AT ALL about either player in the match. This is stupid.