Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Re: river c/rd

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"so, he is going to donk this flop with a draw when hero likely will raise and shut out the other player? this makes no sense. "

I have heard ppl say this in this forum over and over again. You are correct, it doesnt make sense, but our opponents do a lot of things that dont make sense.

Villan knows that we have the ace and he is still check raising us on the river...easy laydown

[/ QUOTE ]

these 2 things have nothing to do with each other. i agree that his river c/r is troubling as he obviously seees the ace and doesn't seem to care. but to say that he is betting a spade draw on the flop here makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"so, he is going to donk this flop with a draw when hero likely will raise and shut out the other player? this makes no sense. "

I have heard ppl say this in this forum over and over again. You are correct, it doesnt make sense, but our opponents do a lot of things that dont make sense.

Villan knows that we have the ace and he is still check raising us on the river...easy laydown

[/ QUOTE ]

these 2 things have nothing to do with each other. i agree that his river c/r is troubling as he obviously seees the ace and doesn't seem to care. but to say that he is betting a spade draw on the flop here makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WhiteShirt has contended that villian's flop bet means spades. he then said that the river c/r means hero is beat. i agree with the latter, but not the former, as a river c/r here often is bad news, but a flop donk on that board could mean lotsa things.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold, he is donkning a draw clearly when the ace hits, he wont donk a Q or weaker ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, he is going to donk this flop with a draw when hero likely will raise and shut out the other player? this makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i always raise 77 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WhiteShirt has contended that villian's flop bet means spades. he then said that the river c/r means hero is beat. i agree with the latter, but not the former, as a river c/r here often is bad news, but a flop donk on that board could mean lotsa things.

[/ QUOTE ]

We obviously can not say it is villain`s only possible holding on the flop. But it is definetely part of his flop range.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM

just to be clear, i dont auto put villan on a spade draw just because he donks.

I dont think the river bet is awuful, but if your gonna make that bet then be prepared to fold to a raise. However, you cant allow your opponents to take shots at you either so beware in the future.