Old 06-03-2006, 02:06 AM

Default plo8 200 on party, flopped set

ITH converter didn't work, sorry :

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, I call in the small blind, BB pots it, all the limpers call his raise

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Pot is something like 60, action ?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: plo8 200 on party, flopped set

Depends on how the BB plays. If he is aggressive check to him. If you he is passive just pot it. If you got no read then pot it.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:21 AM

I agree with above. I want to play this hand heads up post flop vs pf raiser. (other guys in the middle who could have anything scare me a lot more about maybe having the QJ. pf raiser from bb should have AA or A2, not 4 broadways.) also, I like to take the initiative pf with this hand myself--suited A2 with some value in the side cards. just a side point.l
Old 06-03-2006, 02:29 AM

plo8 200 on party, flopped set

you have flopped "open trips", top kicker. it is impossible to have a set without holding a pocket pair. it is my job to educate the poker world on correct terminology.

definitions
Old 06-03-2006, 03:30 AM

This isn't a flop you want to mess around with. I'm going to bet this flop 999/1000. What are you gonna do when the Tc comes on the turn, and you tried to get fancy by going for a check-raise, thereby giving the field a free card? Not to mention, if you go for the check raise, and let the BB bet, a raise coming from anyone inbetween could mean anything. They could be isolating. If you come out firing, the bb makes a weak raise with his Aces or whatever, it will further define any other players hand that stays in.
-md
www.myspace.com/iambabyd
Old 06-03-2006, 03:44 AM

flop action :
i checked, bb bet 30, two callers ??

ps : ty dave for educating me
Old 06-03-2006, 03:50 AM

ugh. 2 callers to his flop bet? I'm thinking split at best, likely someone has QQ or QJ. There's better spots to get money in if the callers are somewhat solid that is. Either way I think it's repot or fold, you can't let people with draws hang around any longer. I'm leaning toward folding though with that much interest still.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:59 AM

Default results

i cr'ed all in and got stacked by qq, grrr
Old 06-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: results

Did not have time to reply before ther cards were out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, as a general note, if I have AJ62 with QJJ on the flop - that is not the top set or trips and no lo possible, I play it as slow as possible, with the goal to get to the river as cheap as possible.

If someone stays in the hand with this board he has Jx or QQ. Obviously vs QQ you are done. With Jx he has the same chance to fill up as you, and he might actually have AJ and you are done too.

No point to risk. Go slow. With any sign of heat - get out.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: results

That's the reason you CAN'T play this flop slow. You won't know where you're at. 1/2 pot sized bet by the pre-flop raiser, then just call-call? What does that tell you about the strength of their hands? Being a calling station, out of position no less, with 3 other players in the hand, is an easy way to go busted. You'd like to trap hands that are drawing second best-which could be accomplished by checking here, except your hand is vulnerable and/or dominated. You want to shut the field out to eliminate competition, which a bet into the pf raiser will more than likely accomplish, with a hand like yours.
-md
www.myspace.com