Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 09:12 AM

Default Re: I would like a coach, but I am an idiot

I think at 5$ and 10$ holdem youd do better just reading here and posting questions, and participating in discussions. I did several coaching sessions with BobboFitos around 25 or 50 NL levels and I can honestly say it did wonders for me. The forums are good but they cant really help you identify specific weaknesses in your games. Another really good thing about it for me was that it really helped validate the concepts I already had firmly in hand and identify those that I was still shaky on. I think coaching is a really great thing and I would definitely do it at some point as you continue to move up in stakes. I plan on getting some more at some point in the near future. But right now I think you'll be fine. Once you get up to 25NL then start giving it some consideration.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:38 AM

This forum is great but having a coach does give you more personal direct tuituion than than the forum ever could. In the intrests of transparicy I will say that I'm looking into starting coaching myself so obviously I'm biased.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is great but having a coach does give you more personal direct tuituion than than the forum ever could. In the intrests of transparicy I will say that I'm looking into starting coaching myself so obviously I'm biased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will trade you spelling lessons for poker coaching.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will trade you spelling lessons for poker coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I should try to sound less like a moron when I'm advertising myself, I blame multi-tabling.

Transparency. Happy?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a list of NL coaches somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there's not. There are two reasons.

First is simple. There aren't many NL coaches left. The people mentioned in this thread so far (BobboFitos) have retired from coaching. Other people not mentioned have also retired. To my knowledge, there is nobody who currently advertises thier coaching services.

Second. This thread's very existance is in a grey area of what's allowed on 2p2, unfortunately. The official stand is that no person may reply to this thread with "I'm a coach" and it's unclear that they can even PM the OP. In order to make thier services known, they are supposed to take out a classified ad, and then the client must initiate contact.

I find it all very inconvinient, but there's an ironclad "no ads in posts" rule that makes this a pretty complicated thing.

My suggestion to anyone looking for a coach is do what I did: start PMing posters you respect and ask them if they are a coach or if they no anyone who is. You'll eventually hunt one down.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:41 AM

But there is a sticky in midhigh limit?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But there is a sticky in midhigh limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. The allowed-ness of that sticky is a matter of some debate in the mod forum. That sticky only makes things more complicated.

One thing is clear, however. No forum mods are permitted to generate any new stickies like the one you saw. I am sorry about that. If we could, I would have tried doing it a long time ago. I think it would be a great service to the forum.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 AM

um pokermentors anyone??
Old 06-02-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion to anyone looking for a coach is do what I did: start PMing posters you respect and ask them if they are a coach or if they no anyone who is. You'll eventually hunt one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't work. They are not answering... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't work. They are not answering... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, grasshopper.

Whoever you PMed is probably asleep. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]