Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Is it worth going back?

Hi - maybe I suck but I'm too lazy to find a way to search for a similar post that I would find helpful.

For about a year I played SNG's very casually on Party - moderately sucessful at 10+1 and later 20+2. I played an few hours a week - maybe 4-5 and multi-tabled 2 or 3 20+2's usually. Again, I was OK - never really got to the point where I felt I was good but just good enough to eek out a slowly gaining bankroll.

I just about quit completely when the party-affliate split happened and the new format of party SNG's was released. Now I maybe play one 20+2 speed SNG a month to keep my party points active.

Question - is it worthwhile to get back into it if I can only dedicate 5-6 hours a week to playing/learning? It's not about any aspirations to make a living doing this. It's also not THAT fun - i miss the face to face interaction when playing online. I guess the real question is whether or not online poker SNG's are still profitable enough to warrant the earning of decent side cash with as little time investment as I have to give.

Thanks in advance for the advice and/or flaming. (Or more likely - thanks for ignoring this post and moving on to better posts to read/answer)
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Is it worth going back?

play the 55s or > if u only have 5-6 hours a week. you won't make enough side cash on less stakes to make it worth ur while.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Is it worth going back?

Definitely. If you study for two weeks you will be set and you can dominate the 22s.