Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: What happened to Poker Mountain?

[ QUOTE ]
what type of bonus will you be offering to get the poker players back on your sight ? 100% up to $300 at 4x raked hands ? I think this would be fair and get you a player base quick

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello redickulous,

Thank you, that's exactly the type of stuff we are starting to look at now, these suggestions are very helpful in trying to get a clearer picture of what players want, we are definitely open to any ideas you or others can come up with. I think nearer launch time we'll probably see what bonuses are out there and decide if we can compete with the highest ones, it might turn out that it's just not cost effective to go that route, or there might be other incentives that would be more appealing. We've had several team meetings recently where we've come up with some really good ideas, hopefully we'll surprise you with something worth trying.

Paul
Old 05-30-2006, 10:06 PM

You should allow rakeback at your site. The time for starting a site without heavy affiliate support is done, Rakeback is no longer the online poker secret. Hence I strongly suggest that you allow it. And if you wanna be real nice, dont deduct bonuses from MGR, making it more appealing to affiliates.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many poker sites do we need nowadays? Just look at bonuswhores and see the tons of skins/portals on there. I highly doubt PM will succeed on it's second attempt. I for one won't be there. With as huge as the market is, how does a site's management screw it up so bad that no one ever wants to back there after they launch the first time? I mean, really, take a cue from every other succesful site out there and become a skin of one of them is probably the best bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Photoc,

Our investors considered being a skin, and there's no question that would have been the more cost effective way to go in the short term, but if we are really going to try and make it we need to be like Party and Stars and Full Tilt where we have complete control of our software, so we can move with the market. It's a very expensive way to go, but as you correctly point out there are so many other sites out there now that it might be the only way to go if we want to stand out in the crowd. And there's no question that our screw ups were monumental, some completely our fault, some completely out of our control, all I can tell you is that we have taken back control in every aspect of the company, we know we have at most one more chance to get it right, or we'll deserve to fail. You can already see in this thread, there are some who are willing to give us another shot, others such as yourself who may not, I totally understand that, there is one site I'll never go back to because they treated me so poorly that I don't care if they ever completely turn themselves around. I'm sure we have customers who feel exactly the same about us, we will do whatever we can to try to make it up to them, but if we can't, we can't. But I really do respect your point of view, and I really am sorry if we have caused you grief (please feel free here or in private email to let me know if you have unresolved issues with Poker Mountain, I'll make sure we get them resolved).

Paul
Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 PM

Thanks very much WiSeIVIaN, I am not too involved in the affiliate side of things (we have a group dedicated to that side of the business) so I will pass your suggestions on to the right people.

Paul
Old 05-31-2006, 02:00 AM

Too bad Pinny can't give us some odds on Poker Mountain succeeding or failing with a relaunch. I might throw away $10 with a "they will succeed" bet if I got say 1/100 odds.

Poker Mountain if you don't go with being a skin you will not succeed. Join B2B and give us like a 1000 Euro bonus with a clearance of 20 euro per 50 VIP points or something.

Brendan
Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 PM

Paul/GreatBrit, I thank you for the frank manner in which you are addressing these concerns. Clear talk from Poker Rooms is not the most common of things. I wish you good luck with getting the site back up and I'll certainly give it a look when you relaunch.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poo Mountain... best to visit The Z00 for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

brownthumb's thread on being banned at Poo Mountain is one of the top the Zoo has produced.

P.O.T.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Poker Mountain if you don't go with being a skin you will not succeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want another skin to existing poker pools?

I would prefer new software with new features, prompt action taken when flaws are found, intelligent managers, well trained customer support and good incentives for playing there. If the investors eat it, se la vi . They will eat it anyway with another me-too site.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should allow rakeback at your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

No rakeback. I want lower rake. $1.50 max. rake is much better, than 50% rakeback in the long run.

I also want EEA* licenced poker sites. No more Costa Rica / Antigua / Curacao / Kahnawake / Isle of Man bullsh*t

* = European Economic Area. EEA licenced = tax free in Finland and Sweden + probably many other EU countries.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:27 PM

Brit, I think you're doing your site a good deal of help in this thread.

I would suggest the following:

Lots of advertising with funny commercials. Leave the serious stuff to Stars.

A downloadable Mac client. It's a niche market that could use a little more competition as it's pretty much pokerroom skins and Full Tilt.

Lots of bonuses and rakeback at least in the beginning.

A rewards system that lets players buy stuff they might actually want. I like Full Tilt but the only things in their store that I might want are the books and I already have them all. I may end up with cases upon cases of travel mugs.

One thing I have suggested to a number of site folks is the ability to buy bonus dollars. If I can spend points on bonus dollars then I can readily convert the dollars to cash but I have to play at the site to do so. Both the site and the player get what they want out of that.

Oh, and it would be cool if there were an option that would allow me to see wads of cash on the table rather than chips.