Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Anyone not call this?

Live 5-10. Villain is tight aggressive, but relatively unimaginative. He views me as very loose, and he seems to be a bit frustrated with me, as he has yet to take a pot from me - I'd been at the table about two hours with him, and I'd been raising a lot, and showing a fair number of bluffs. Also, I had yet to open limp - every pot I opened, I'd raised to $50, which was standard for the table.

KK in LP. Raise to $50 after 2 or 3 limpers. Villain calls in SB, all else fold.

Flop is 553, two of some suit which I do not have. He checks, I pot it, which I'd been doing a lot as well regardless of what I had. He pushes for around $1k - I have him covered, and a loss will not hurt my stack in a significant way.

Standard call, correct? Obviously, image plays a major role in this decision, as this is a quick fold against many players. However, as a general principle, against this player, in this situation, calling here is a profitable standard play, no?

Also, if you do call, how low does your pair have to be before you consider folding, and how low does it have to be for you to fold for sure?

**Please forgive me if this is too basic a question. I've been away from the game for a few months, and I am tuning up for the summer season. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone not call this?

I consider folding anything less than 10's and probably definitely 7's
Old 05-31-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone not call this?

I would definitely call with TT+

If he has a 5 so be it, everything else we either got crushed or we are slightly ahead.

Folding in this spot is bad.