Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Wade or Lebron?

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with your disagreement.

Wade will go down as one of the top 3 or 4 players of the generation, along the lines of the two players I mentioned, and the Barkelys and the Paytons of history. Lebron will go down as one of the top 3 or 4 players of all time, along the lines of the Jordans and the Magics. There's not a huge difference between Larry Bird and Julius Erving, but there's a difference. I'm a big fan of Wade, and maybe he will be in the top ten of all time, but he's not Lebron.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree
Old 05-30-2006, 05:32 AM

i think Wade's game can still go to another level if he develops as a 3 point shooter. Lebron already has that (18% of his attempts are 3s, makes 33% of them), but not Dwyane (only 5% of attempts are 3s, makes 24%). Remember Jordan was poor from beyond the arc early in his career but got much better towards the end. If DWade can do the same I think he has just as high a ceiling as Lebron.

That said, this is a dumb question. It depends totally on who their teams can assemble around them. If either one of them gets a Pippen, McHale, or Kareem to help share the load, then they'll win as many rings as Jordan, Bird and Magic did. If they don't they'll end up with maybe 1, maybe none.

Wade has a hall of famer next to him right now so he's obviously got a great shot this year and maybe next. After that it's really up to the Cavs and the Heat just how well these two do.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:56 AM

What Wade was able to do without Shaq has already indicated to me that he will be an amazing all-time great player amongst the top 50 for sure. However, his team appears to be geared at a 1-2 year run at max, using aging veterans and few younger players on their team.

The Cavs also have a bit of age problems as well, with Drew Gooden really being the only other really young talent. Larry Hughes is going to have to be better than he was this year for this team to win without moving some big pieces.

It's too early to tell guys, because both their teams whether they stay where they are or not are going to be VERY different in just 2-3 years.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Does anyone else remember the comparison that Scoop Jackson wrote in ESPN Page 2 about Lebron losing to Detroit multiple times and the correlation between him and Jordan...

...I know now it looks like Miami has a stranglehold of getting past Detroit this year but before the series I though moreso that maybe Wade would be the better analogy...

...Wade just seems to be a lot cooler under pressure than Lebron (maybes it the age/experience)...and if Wade was a little bit taller as someone mentioned I would think the big hubub would be over him then Lebron (or at least equal)....but I can see where all the focus is on Lebron as Wade has Shaq and a better supporting cast, If there teams were switched how much different would it be....

....and it is very difficult to find "the other guy" for Lebron...if it was that easy there never be the mention of all the greats without the titles
Old 05-30-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's not a huge difference between Larry Bird and Julius Erving, but there's a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, there's a huge difference.

Bird was just as good a scorer, and a much better rebounder, defender (3 All NBA Defense teams compared to 0 for Dr. J), and a better passer.

You are talking about the #1 forward of all time vs a guy more like Clyde Drexler, Vince Carter, Dominique Wilkins, or Alex English.

as to the OP, I say Lebron, b/c of his tremendous upside potential.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just speculation both will need a very big change in their teams to win titles,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Wade needs to win approximately 5 more games to win a title.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just speculation both will need a very big change in their teams to win titles,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Wade needs to win approximately 5 more games to win a title.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why I voted for Wade ... like others have said, he's got a nice head start here with Shaq, could win this year, next year, and be up 2-0 over LeBron.