Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 PM

Default 77 in the hole

(0.05|0.10 No Limit - Cash Game) Las Vegas Poker (8 handed)

<font color="red">Villain</font> is UTG. Stack: $7.50. Stats (17 hands): 59/12/0.58

Preflop (8 players) <font color="blue">Hero</font> is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Stack: 2.95 (posted 0.05 to play)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="blue">CO calls</font>, 3 folds

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
everyone checks

Turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.10</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="blue">CO raises to $0.70</font>, UTG calls

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.15, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.10</font>, <font color="blue">CO pushes $2.10</font>, <font color="red">UTG calls</font>

I am vey new to NL HE and generally relatively new to poker. Because I am new to NL I like to bet strong and not give my opponents chances for some tricky play. Maybe this is not the right way or I just didn't do it the right way. Any comments are welcome. I have a lot to learn.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: 77 in the hole

What's the question here? You pushed the river and he called. Isn't that what we want?

Also, if I'm reading this correctly, you have only a stack of 2.95? You need to re-buy and get a full stack.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Re: 77 in the hole

I'm sorry. The questions should be: Would you play this hand differently? Would you say there are some definite mistakes on my side in this hand? (besides the stack)