Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: I am putting 2 to1 on Smoothcall in Heads Up Match vs Goering

to the best of my knowledge, vince and smoothcall are both ring game pro's who frequent Bellagio mid/high limits. i've never questioned their ability to play, and after it was determined they were different people, i chalked it up to two players who hang out together with similar personalities who have found a strange kinship when it comes to their status on 2+2.

i shudder at the thought they have found a third.

without saying anything about their ability to play the game, or of them personally - they seem to un-intentionally (i hope) run just about every thread they participate in - straight into the ground.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Alan Goerhing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YOU HAVE PLAYED AN INSIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF VERY HIGH VARIANCE LIVE MTTS. RESULTS ARE NOT A BIG FACTOR. Again, you are showing your complete lack of understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

25k HU freezeout?

[/ QUOTE ]

SLOTD!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why is it when you and smoothcall get involved in a thread it so often seems to give me a headache while reading it?

it's uncanny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people even read their posts? I find them really easy to skip,and I doubt I am any less enlightened for doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how this interesting-sounding thread descended into the usual flame war within about 4 posts. Is that some kind of record?

Mods, perhaps in the future we can have two threads, one for content and the other for the usual semantics quibbles, off-topic flames and just general gasbaggery? And then smoothcall can have his own third thread, where he can just argue with himself all day long--as this would obviously be his own private heaven.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:17 PM

Hey Dids - I would support a lifetime ban for Vince/Smoothcall. The guy is such a stupid worthless troll. He used to be funny but something must have changed him over the years. Maybe you guys can discuss a ban in the mod forum.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM

Hi trying2learn,

When you say threads i get in get ruined i will respond. Well i don't see it that way(well sometimes the do but not by my doing). What happens is there are a certtain group of posters(and one or 2 moderators as well lol) that troll me and make insults towards me solely because they dislike me. They are the one ruining the threads by diverting me into a personal flamewar by calling me every name in the book. I am alaways on topic in every thread i respond. They are the ones that divert m. And even then i refrain from calling them the same names they call me. But anyone who replies or uses my name in a post i feel i have a right to respond. That is not trolling. I am trying to refrain from responding to everyone as you see i let many insults go that the moderator (dids) lets insult me. He bans vince lepore because he insulted dids himself. You see there are different rules here. If you insult dids you get banned. If you insult smoothcall nothing happens. If its a profanity insult he will sometimes delete the post and sometimes not. But he will not ban the people. I was called a d'bag by a moderator (josh) What happend to him? nothing!!!! Vince calls dids a dope and BOOM! Insta ban! It just doesnt seem right does it? I mean you or any other posters(whether you like me and vince or not) admit that dids is unfaily biasdly using his positon to pun ish the ones he doesnt like and let slide the ones he likes. I though a moderator should be inpartial and fair. I miss Matt Sklansky and Mason. The days when you didnt have to be afraid of getting blasted and be forced to bite your toungue in response otherwise you would get banned. I will not discuss this topic again unless someoneelse bring it up. And just plan on straying on topic. If the bad seeds stop taking me off topic we will get along fine. You seem ok trying even though you have insulted a bit yourself but no hard feelings here. Enjoy the forums. And to dids i will be a good boy and ahere to your strict guidlines that only apply to me and vince. Even if there wrong. But i'll be a good boy.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like how this interesting-sounding thread descended into the usual flame war within about 4 posts. Is that some kind of record?

Mods, perhaps in the future we can have two threads, one for content and the other for the usual semantics quibbles, off-topic flames and just general gasbaggery? And then smoothcall can have his own third thread, where he can just argue with himself all day long--as this would obviously be his own private heaven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this thread went 0 to turd pretty quick like. The least these guys could do is be funny about it. They're probably the type of guys that don't do a courtesy flush.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this thread went 0 to turd pretty quick like. The least these guys could do is be funny about it. They're probably the type of guys that don't do a courtesy flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

And leave pubes on the soap when they stay at your house.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi trying2learn,

When you say threads i get in get ruined i will respond. Well i don't see it that way(well sometimes the do but not by my doing). What happens is there are a certtain group of posters(and one or 2 moderators as well lol) that troll me and make insults towards me solely because they dislike me. They are the one ruining the threads by diverting me into a personal flamewar by calling me every name in the book. I am alaways on topic in every thread i respond. They are the ones that divert m. And even then i refrain from calling them the same names they call me. But anyone who replies or uses my name in a post i feel i have a right to respond. That is not trolling. I am trying to refrain from responding to everyone as you see i let many insults go that the moderator (dids) lets insult me. He bans vince lepore because he insulted dids himself. You see there are different rules here. If you insult dids you get banned. If you insult smoothcall nothing happens. If its a profanity insult he will sometimes delete the post and sometimes not. But he will not ban the people. I was called a d'bag by a moderator (josh) What happend to him? nothing!!!! Vince calls dids a dope and BOOM! Insta ban! It just doesnt seem right does it? I mean you or any other posters(whether you like me and vince or not) admit that dids is unfaily biasdly using his positon to pun ish the ones he doesnt like and let slide the ones he likes. I though a moderator should be inpartial and fair. I miss Matt Sklansky and Mason. The days when you didnt have to be afraid of getting blasted and be forced to bite your toungue in response otherwise you would get banned. I will not discuss this topic again unless someoneelse bring it up. And just plan on straying on topic. If the bad seeds stop taking me off topic we will get along fine. You seem ok trying even though you have insulted a bit yourself but no hard feelings here. Enjoy the forums. And to dids i will be a good boy and ahere to your strict guidlines that only apply to me and vince. Even if there wrong. But i'll be a good boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly mate, could you please write a little more clearly. I might be interested in hearing your response/defense if it was a little easier on the eyes, but with suck a lack of structure, I just can't do it.

Paragraphs are your friend.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi trying2learn,

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly mate, could you please write a little more clearly. I might be interested in hearing your response/defense if it was a little easier on the eyes, but with suck a lack of structure, I just can't do it.

Paragraphs are your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful what you wish for.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Dids - I would support a lifetime ban for Vince/Smoothcall. The guy is such a stupid worthless troll. He used to be funny but something must have changed him over the years. Maybe you guys can discuss a ban in the mod forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Boris, 2+2 would be a better place without the troll smoothcall.