Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Default What happened this hand? Should I be folding? If so, where? AK, tptk

Villain 1 limps UTG
villain 2 limps UTG +1
Villain 3 raises MP2
Hero reraises CO with AsKh
Villain 4 calls
Villain 1 calls
Villain 2 calls
Villain 3 caps
everyone calls

Pot (10 Big Bets after rake)

4c Ac Td

Villain 1 bets
villain 2 calls
villain 3 raises
hero reraises
villain 4 caps (cold)
everyone calls

pot (20 Big Bets after rake)

4c Ac Td 7h

villain 1 bets
villain 2 raises
villain 3 folds
hero calls
villain 4 raises
villain 1 calls
villain 2 caps
hero calls
billain 4 calls
villain 1 calls

pot (36 Big Bets after rake)

4c Ac Td 7h 5h

villain 1 checks
villain 2 bets
hero calls
villain 4 folds
villain 1 folds

final pot (38 Big Bets after rake)

I don't have a written hand history because it's from pacific, had to watch the retarded video thing to get this.

At what point should I bet getting away from this? Assume no reads. Should I be pitching this the first time it was two bets to me on the turn? At least the 2nd time? I decided I wanted to felt it on the flop, but with this kind of action on the turn, should I just be pitching it? Even with it being 2 bets to me I am getting over 10-1 on each call with TPTK... I lost control of this hand and just became a calling station.

What are ending hand ranges for all of these players?

Ugh this hand makes me sick.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: What happened this hand? Should I be folding? If so, where? AK, tptk

Villain one- 56 clubs or some such hand?
Villain two- pair of fours
Villain three- KK or QQ
Villain four- KQ clubs or similar?

This pot is so large that it is hard to let go of it, but the real trouble comes when villain two raises the turn. What can he have limped with pre-flop and stuck with after the flop was capped? Surely not a pair of sevens so it has to be 44 or maybe a slowly played 1010. Assuming this read is correct, you have a two outer at best at odds of 11-1 on the turn. You should probably fold at this point because Villain two is virtually guaranteeing a strong hand while the others might be either bluffing an underpair to the ace or padding the pot.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: What happened this hand? Should I be folding? If so, where? AK, tp

I'm grunching here:
Without serious DONK reads, I'm talking everyone with 70/20/4 I'm gone when I don't improve on the turn. I have to take one of then 4 of them seriously.

After all of the action the slow down on the river really irritates me. villains 1 and 4 folding to one stinking river bet with 38 bets in there! I'd have to call with 7 high getting 38 to 1.

Basically I try not to marry my good preflop hands. I have to think that tptk is no good with that flop action. If the four pairs on the turn or I catch and A or K I may continue and pay off a set other than that I'm watching this one.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: What happened this hand? Should I be folding? If so, where? AK, tp

[ QUOTE ]
I'm grunching here:
Without serious DONK reads, I'm talking everyone with 70/20/4 I'm gone when I don't improve on the turn. I have to take one of then 4 of them seriously.

After all of the action the slow down on the river really irritates me. villains 1 and 4 folding to one stinking river bet with 38 bets in there! I'd have to call with 7 high getting 38 to 1.

Basically I try not to marry my good preflop hands. I have to think that tptk is no good with that flop action. If the four pairs on the turn or I catch and A or K I may continue and pay off a set other than that I'm watching this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does a turn of a 4 make you want to continue? What hands does that put us ahead of that we weren't already?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: What happened this hand? Should I be folding? If so, where? AK, tptk

I personally don't see how you can lay this down considering the company you are in. Pacific Poker is filled with some weird and bad players. If you are playing at like Full Tilt or something I would understand, but there are just too many illogical hands out there at Pacific to ignore this huge pot.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 AM

Haven't played at Pacific for a while, although I agree that it seemed to be pretty loose when I was there. The OP however said that he had no reads, and I don't think that you can automatically assume that everyone is a lunatic just because they are playing on Pacific. After all, the OP presumably thinks that he is rational, and I presume that you do too! There will be other sensible players.
The problem on the turn is that the raise by Villain 2 can only mean trouble. Could anybody be so retarded as to raise a brick on the turn with nothing after the betting had been capped on both of the preceding rounds? He has to have a set, or maybe A10. Either way, Hero is in no shape to take him on, particularly when he knows that the betting is unlikely to stop with his call. He knows that Villain 4 is sitting with his finger poised over the "raise button" after his earlier action. He could be behind to any of the other three players, quite aside from Villain 2. Given the way that the first three rounds of betting went, he was lucky to get off so cheaply on the river. Clearly two opponents had busted draws, but he didn't know this on the turn. Villain 2 actually seems to have done a pretty good job of protecting his hand by calling on the flop and raising the turn, but Hero stayed in regardless. These inferences are easy to miss in the heat of battle though.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 AM

Pacific poker is just like the Ocean. Full of fish, however I still fold the turn. Although this has happened to me there before where my 2nd pair no kicker WAS good!

JT