Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Alan Goerhing

[ QUOTE ]

What makes you think your assessments are better than mine? You know nothing about me or what i know but you make this claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play $10,000 buyin tournaments against any of these guys? What is your foundation on critiqueing Alan's play? From the limited hands shown on WPT? Gimme me a break. Give Alan a break. Give us all a break. It amazes me how ignorant and closeminded everyone on this board is.

Eric
Old 05-29-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or are we supposd to be robots and kiss butt to every semi-celebrity that posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I don't think Alan could care less if you kiss his butt or not. I'm sure all he expects is the normal decency which any poster should expect here. Why are your panties in such a wad trying to "expose" him.

Eric
Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 PM

Yes i have played 10k buy in tournament against these guys. My foundation is seeing him call off all his chips with k8 off to win the title when that other kid had AJ. There is noway any top player would make that call. His reason was he was tired i think he said. There are many more examples. Look at hands howard discusses in op's link. What about getting it in with 55's against the AA's of jc tran. I'm not sure of blinds and how much tran bet so it might not be horrible but i suspect it was a bad play as tran was probably committed and best alan could hope for was a race.(turned out he flopped 1 out turned 2 outs and sucked out on river. i guess he deserved that championship right?) Top players look for better spots imo. How about calling off 800k with Aq off out of position twice(first time might not have been 800k but somewhat relative situations agaisnt the same person. There are many other over the years that i could mention that i dont remember but they were big mistakes. Phil Hellmuth has discussed many of his mistakes as have many others including Doyle i think(but dont quote me on doyle).
Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 PM

This post is laughably bad interms of strategic insight.

I can only guess how dissapointing tournament poker must be for you.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My foundation is seeing him call off all his chips with k8 off to win the title when that other kid had AJ. There is noway any top player would make that call. His reason was he was tired i think he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you didn't read his explanation here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=5953614

He did not say he was tired in this explanation. His call certainly doesn't make sense if you look at the edited WPT footage, but his explanation makes perfect sense.

Eric
Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 PM

It would help if he said how much he had and how much daniel quach had. I think he is putting percentages where they fit to make his call look right. I doubt danile is moving in with 50 percent of hands dealt. Just because he has last 5 out of 10 doesnt mean he will percent of time. Just means he has the last 10. He may have been dealt the top 10 or 20 percent the last 10 hands. From the way iut looked, and from what mike sexton said it seemd that they were fairly deep in relaiton to the blinds. I know not extremely deep enough to find a better spot than that where he is mos\st certainly a dog almost all the time.

And im pretty sure he said he was tired. Obviously he may have been joking but i think he said it. But i could be wrong.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM

Please elaborate to help me understand tournament poker better. I'm sure you are a top player by your confidence in your tone.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:46 PM

I actually am pretty damn good, but I don't feel the need to help you.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:49 PM

Smoothcall,

Congrats, you've induced another 'ignorer'. Your problem is that you are relentless to the point where threads you're involved with lose all meaning. I'm sure you'll respond to this as you clearly have an insatiable craving for the last word.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:53 PM

At the time of the last hand, there were less than 28 BB on the table.