Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 08:01 PM

Default I Overplay 77 on the Big Streets

UTG is serious LAG idiot something like 60/25/2
BB is super passive like 50/2/.6

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(4 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.00 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.00 BB.

I had no idea where I was at on this one, so I think I just automatically put both on a big club.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: I Overplay 77 on the Big Streets

It doesn't look like BB is going anywhere whatever he has, so I might have just called UTG's turn bet and donked a non-club river.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Flop play looks pretty reasonable, but I'm ambivalent about how catastrophic a check through is and how often it happens. I'm thinking that taking that risk in favor of a good chance of forcing the bb to face 2sb is a solid line in this large pot.

I also like waiting to see what the turn brings after being faced with the 3bet, bb isnt going anywhere at this point and he has odds to call just about anything.

Turn seems to be a practical blank and the action seems to indicate theres a good chance we are still ahead. Has our pot or fold equity changed when the action gets to us? A non club certainly improves our pot equity, but AJ, KJ, QJ with a club are all reasonable holdings for LAG as are bigger pockets. BB looks like he is chasing the club but as passive as he is we can't rule out a bigger pp for him either, then again hes most likely capable of calling the flop with any cards higher than the board.

It seems most likely to me that our FE is minimal and that there are just too many unkowns to aggressively push a potential pot equity edge. A call seems right and more so because of the number of scare cards the river can bring.

Given the action I don't love the river bet. We got a great card but I'm not a fan of hoping for the A high call with 2 villians behind us. LAG will probably even bet hands we beat a decent percentage of the time here and we expect at least one whiffed draw. I like a check/call, pot is huge lets get this to showdown.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:20 PM

I like it all the way thru.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:39 PM

Looking good.