Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 11:27 AM

Default 50-100 PP hand.

7 handed. I just enter the game and post in the cutoff. Dealt QTo. Folded to me, I raise. Buttton 3 bets, his stats are 30/20/2.16 over 200 hands. He multi-tables the higher PP games. Some of his stats are undoubtably from short-handed play. I call, two to the flop.

Flop 10-3-3, two diamonds. I have no diamonds. I check-raise, button calls.

Turn is offsuit 6. I bet, he raises, I call. ??

River is the A of diamonds. I check, he bets, I muck.

Comments on all streets greatly appreciated.

TSP
Old 05-27-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 50-100 PP hand.

I like it but I think there is a lot of value in a river donk bet. He will be very hard pressed to raise with a hand you beat or tie so I think you can pretty easily fold to a raise, and he may fold a chop. Given that you checked I would have called thinking I just rivered a chop a lot of times.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-27-2006, 04:27 PM

The only hand he could have "river a chop" that he was behind to is KT. Given the way your opponent played, I don't think the ace should be a scare card to you, either he was ahead with a bigger pp, or way behind with straight draw or lower pp it would seem, hence I call the river.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:10 PM

I dont know what to say, I like every street. I wouldve played it the same every stage of this hand.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:13 PM

the preflop action makes this a mandatory calldown, imo.
villain thinks you are fos and is "rebluffing" you a ton here.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:27 PM

Yeah for some reason I read the hand but then thought we had a weaker ten when I made my reply. Chopping has little to do with it as you said.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-28-2006, 12:28 AM

I was villan in this hand. Overall, I think this is really close. I dont remember what type of read or stats I had on you at the time, but you will be folding a chop occassionally. Also, I could hold 88, 99 etc and fire once more when the scariest card in the deck hits. Getting 10:1 or 4.5:1 for half the pot I would lean towards a call.

In this case, I had 66 so your fold saved you a bet.

EDIT: When this hand was played I didnt even realize you had posted in CO. Since this makes it a little more like a blind battle, I dont think you should be folding this.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was villan in this hand. Overall, I think this is really close. I dont remember what type of read or stats I had on you at the time, but you will be folding a chop occassionally. Also, I could hold 88, 99 etc and fire once more when the scariest card in the deck hits. Getting 10:1 or 4.5:1 for half the pot I would lean towards a call.

In this case, I had 66 so your fold saved you a bet.

EDIT: When this hand was played I didnt even realize you had posted in CO. Since this makes it a little more like a blind battle, I dont think you should be folding this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ad was definitely the scariest card in the deck. If it was anything else, I was paying off. Was one of those lay-downs that you think about for 3 orbits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Mucked it because I couldn't think of a hand you could have that I could beat, although I couldn't figure out exactly what that hand was.

Nice hand, BTW, and good to meet ya.

TSP
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 PM

you must realize that his 3betting range here preflop is gigantic because he expects you to openraise any 2 from the CO after posting as that is what just about everyone does. when he raises the turn you definitely shouldnt fold. some people might like a 3bet but id just call. on the river theres no way i think you should fold as its unlikely he has an ace after his turn raise unless its AT. its much more likely he free showdown raised any pocket pair and now that the ace hit figures he has bluffing equity. he probably had 99-22.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:21 PM

IMO folding or calling are both right,
in that case my decison depends on his percentage of:
went to sd
won at sd
continuation bet.

obviously with more than 200 hands in my database