Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Affiliates that offer players rakeback direct with poker rooms

Hi, newbie question.

Are there any affiliates that offer rakeback direct with poker rooms, i.e. the affiliate passes the player through to the poker room and the poker room pays rakeback directly to the player. This means the affiliate doesn't act as a third party. If there are any, which ones are the most reputable? And how does the tracking work?

Also, do these affiliates usually have a worse deal as they don'y handle the rakeback?

thanks

/tees
Old 05-25-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Affiliates that offer players rakeback direct with poker rooms

TGF (Boss Media) does this and provides daily tracking which we provide to our players.

I assume other Boss Media sites do this as well.

Other sites that do this and networks:

Sun Poker (Crypto)
Code Poker (Prima - many Primas have hourly rake payments)
True Poker (Independent)

Those are a few of the major ones. There are more I'm sure.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks Mr Chips,
I'm still learning about the affiliate business. I am starting my own affiliate site and want to offer rakeback as well. It won't be a pure rakeback site though. The rakeback I would want to offer would be where the affiliate does not pay the rakeback but the poker rooms take care of it.

Would it be best to try and become a sub-affiliate of an established affiliate to do this?

What kind of deals could I expect to get?

Would I have to rely on the affiliate to get my cut? Or would it come directly from the poker site?

What are the draw backs of working with this kind of set-up?

As you can see I've got a lot to learn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so any other useful info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

/tees
Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 PM

Here's a post I made that should cover some of those questions for you tees. Advice for New Affiliates
Each program at each site is different. Some don't even allow you to have sub-affiliates.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM

The Hendon Mob site has deals with Stan James and Betholdem (actually I don't think you need to sign up through thehendonmob for Stan James, I think they do that for everyone whereever they sign up) where the sites pay you direct (both Prima skins), and they also do Full Tilt rakeback where FTP pays you direct.

I think I've seen William Hill do a direct rakeback scheme but I can't remember where. Pokershare is effectively a rakeback scheme direct from the site, although obviously a bit different from most.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:24 AM

Thanks to both of you for the information. I'm still not exactly sure of how it works though.

Let's say, for example, that I want to offer rakeback for Sun Poker. I go to a site like The Rakeback Store and I see that they are offering 30-34% for Sun Poker. I'd like to do the same and as the rakeback gets paid directly into end-users accounts that suits me fine, less work for me, right?

So I toodle on over to Sun Poker and click on the affiliate link and end up at focalclick.com. I look through the FAQs and see that affiliates get 25% flat fee. Huh? How come The Rakeback Store can offer 30-34% rakeback for Sun Poker? I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure what. What's the best way for me to offer 30-34% for Sun Poker?

RevAgain, I thought Pokershare had closed. I never had an account there, but I thought there was an issue with UB.

/tees
Old 05-27-2006, 09:52 AM

As with most rakeback affiliates you have to build up your commission levels with the poker rooms.

Only by doing this and increasing the monthly revenue you generate can you negotiate better deals with the poker rooms.

This prevents just anybody from setting up a rakeback site. Of course there is nothing to stop anyone doing this, but you have to work your way up the food chain.

Kind regards

raketherake.com
Old 05-27-2006, 01:42 PM

So I would sign up as an affiliate with Sun Poker via Focal Click and tell them that I want to offer rakeback. They would offer me 25% so I could offer end-users rakeback of 20%. I would then assume that Focal Click set it up so any new referrals through my site pay 20% rakeback directly into the end-users Sun Poker account and 5% would go to me.

I then start to refer more end-users and I do a deal with Sun Poker (or would in be Focal Click?) so I get 30% of which 25% goes to the end-user and I keep 5%. This continues and eventullay I can offer 30-34% rakeback, like the big affiliates do. I've noticed for Sun Poker that 30-34% is common for a lot of affiliates offering rakeback for this poker room. Why is this? And how much does an average affiliate offering rakeback at the 30-34% level make on top of this?

As a sub-affiliate; can anyone give me an idea of how it goes and the advantages it brings over dealing directly with the poker rooms. Could I become (for example) a sub-affiliate with you guys replying on this thread?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get this right from the start. Thanks again.

/tees
Old 05-27-2006, 02:31 PM

That is how it typically works. Many times newer affiliates are forced to give 100% of their commissions back to the players to help build up a decent base, which they can then use to negotiate a higher commission.

A sub-affiliate deal should help you in several ways. You will receive help from your parent affiliate and have someone to answer your questions. Many parent affiliates will also kick back a portion of the sub-affiliate commissions, so you actually earn more money.

Best Regards,

Justin
Old 05-27-2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks JR,
My site will not be a rakeback site but a "content rich" poker site that offers rakeback for about 4 or 5 poker rooms. The poker rooms that offer rakeback will be like Sun Poker, i.e. the rake goes direct into the end-users account.

Considering the above I am assuming it's best to be a sub-affiliate? So my next move would be to contact rakeback affiliates and ask if I could be a sub-affiliate? What's the best approach and what should I look out for? Does being a sub-affiliate carry any risks, i.e. what would happen to me if the parent affiliate stopped doing business? Or does the affiliate set me up directly with the poker room?