Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: no problems at party

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I thought the best feature of it was in table selection but that doesn't apply anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean Chief?

Also, has anybody else bothered to email Party pointing them to this thread? I sure have. Either outlaw it and enforce the rule, or don't outlaw it at all.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, has anybody else bothered to email Party pointing them to this thread? I sure have. Either outlaw it and enforce the rule, or don't outlaw it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well stated.

And yep, I have brought this to both Party's and PokerStars attention and I hope they come here to address this.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Poker-edge ok at party now????

I was previously a customer of Poker-Edge, but removed it from my computer when Party sent out warnings regarding its use. Recently, I looked on the Poker-Edge website while I had Party open. Soon after, I received a pop-up warning from Party about the use of Poker-Edge.
Make no mistake, if Party detects it's use, you will be warned. It's just that they can't detect the program at the moment. Clearly, I was warned because the Poker-Edge website is easily recognisable by their security software.
I personally think Poker-Edge is an extremely valuable tool, but you are risking all your funds when you use it, Cheers, Mahogany17
Old 05-26-2006, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker-Edge now works directly out of the box on Party. To understand why this is, you are going to have to do a little reading "between the lines." Party cannot retract their stance in the TOS because it is a matter of public image to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Party seems to care a hell of a lot more about public image than you do. Your greed has overcome your sense of moral judgement.

Are you honestly telling us to ignore what a site determines to be cheating and just "read between the lines"? Because if that's the case, I'm holding three fingers up right now and asking you to do the same.

It's inconceivable how many people are currently using your product on Party and how you're attempting to drum up more business by trying to convince others that cheating is OK. So, I play by the rules, I don't read between the lines, I don't use programs that are outlawed, and I'M the one at a disadvantage?!?!

Jesus Christ, you and your entire organization should just [censored] die.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:00 AM

How does PE support Titan and Bodog? Those are non-PT supported sites.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either outlaw it and enforce the rule , or don't outlaw it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enforcement is the real issue. I don't believe the sites have the ability to enforce the rule, therefore, this is the reason we see Poker-Edge flaunting this fact for their advantage.

This goes the same with data-mining and database sharing as well, against the rules, but not enforceable.

Why do poker sites have rules that are unenforceable, but then it only really impacts the players who are trying to play by the rules? It seems if the sites were really concerned about "unfair advantages", the only resolution is to openly allow programs like poker-edge along with data-mining and data base sharing.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:34 AM

First, I do not use PokerEdge and consider it to be an unfair advantage. I feel the same way about datamining. They are pretty much the same since you have access to information that you did not observe while playing .

For those that see no problem with this, then I assume you

- do not understand what "keeping the playing field level" means
- do not understand why "keeping the playing field level" is important
- simply do not care as long as you maximize your profits

I'm also suprised noone has mentioned this from their website:

As of 5/1/06, Process Guard is no longer required to prevent Party from detecting Poker-Edge!

Funny Mr. PokerEdge did not mention this.

Is it that Party does not care about PokerEdge or is it that you have found a way (launching Party from PokerEdge?) to stop them from detecting your violation of their TOS?

Seems like some pretty important information.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:11 PM

Hey Jake,

I may be mistaken in my assumption. I haven't used the software since Party sent out the last warnings (~6-8 months ago). I liked to use it previously to open tables and see stats before actually sitting. I assumed that the stats didn't show until you sat with the latest Party upgrade. Is that not the case?

Not that the improved reads aren't an advantage. But I'm satisfied with my own database and after a couple of rounds at the table I don't think PE makes a huge difference anyway. But I jump tables much more often without having the numbers to start with.

Not that it matters for me. There's no way I'm risking getting my Party account locked. And using PE is definitely putting it at risk.

Chief
Old 05-26-2006, 05:36 PM

Poker-Edge does not need hand histories to get its data. That is how we can support Titan, Noble, BoDog, Pacific, Party and others.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:48 PM

This forum seems full of righteous people that are so concerned about following rules... however the underlying fact is that playing online poker is illegal in the vast majority of US states!

I was simply updating the forum on the current status of our product - that you can use Poker-Edge on Party and you will not be harassed. If you want to walk that grey line, go for it and make more money! If you don't want to, then don't! In fact, one of my closing remarks was that there are many other sites that you can use Poker-Edge on if you don't want to walk that grey line.

It's hypocritical that people are calling me a scum bag and wishing for me to [censored] die, for the same reason that most of the posters on this internet gambling forum are breaking the law. Let's face it, most of us like walking that grey line, that's why we're gamblers! And most of want to win more money, that's why you are reading this forum. Information is power - that is what i'm providing. Take it or leave it.

Thanks for reading!