Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Young, single guys who live alone or with friends

[ QUOTE ]
The last time I lived at home was the summer after my fresman year of college. I imagine this is pretty typical.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 AM

I commuted to school, so I stayed home for the 4 years I was in college. I turned 22 in february, and graduated last saturday, and am signing a lease on an appartment this sunday.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 AM

Warik,

It's not very cool of your mom to guilt-trip you into staying there longer. Buy her a dog or something.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom says I'm wrong and wants me to stay home until I get married

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously dude get the eff out.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM

I am 28 I left home when I was 18, Do to my parents "War of the Roses" divorce.

10 years on my own was an experiance I cant not put into words for you.

All I can offer is the advice to ramain in your parents home untill you have purchased your own home and have a nice nut in the bank. Even if you give up your social life to do so for a short period of time.

That is the best piece of advice I can give.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:28 PM

I graduated high school when I was 17, my birthday is in june. I dropped a few hints to my mom and dad that I was goign to get an apartment right after my birthday. No real reason, just a change of pace and absolute freedom, even though I had an "apartment" in the basement during high school w/ kitchen, bathroom, my room etc. So I was able to come and go as I pleased. My parents really didnt pay much attention to what I said about moving out, as they just well assumed I stay there until I was older or married (old school catholic italian moms are like this, I was the first one in my family to move out of a parents house w/o marrying). then a week after my birthday I happened to get a great deal on a 4 bedroom 2500 sqft house for 1k/mo, I got my 3 friends, we signed the lease. Best. 2 years. ever. My parents were pissed etc, but in the long run they got over and were helpful when it came down to moving buying furniture etc. Personally though, nowadays, Im 23 live alone, its ok becuase I dont pay under 200$ in rent, but honestly I wouldnt hate moving back home, its not that big of a deal now, the freedom etc. Ie., I dont do anything at my current apt that I couldnt do at my parents. Save money, have your mom do your laundry for a few years, its not a big deal. If you arent moving out w/ good friends, and arent planning to throw raging parties all the time, its not worth the hassle imo.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:15 PM

I'm moving out in September to go to University about 50 miles away in Belfast.

I'm 18 and it'll be the first time I'll have lived away from home. It's going to take some getting used to, but I'm looking forward to it and at least I'm not too far away from home...
Old 05-27-2006, 05:35 PM

my daughter lives with a friend in one of the two bedroom apartments in the back yard and commutes to school. she pays minimal rent and does errands for me for the rest. i see her about as often as i would if she lived 10 miles away. she comes to see me about 10 times more than i go back to her place.

my son lives with his wife about 10 miles away in a house that i own...they pay rent and do a lot of computer networking and website work. they also come to see me much more than i go to see them.

i was never very possessive or restrictive when they were under the same roof, and repsect their privacy now too. if they wanted privacy more than they got, there are motels.

both kids are talking with me about getting land somewhere and building a sustainable community with separate suites and a community building and business opportunities.

maybe you don't have to leave home when you could, but don't have any particular reason to want to.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:40 PM

Me- I went to college and lived there, but stayed at home during summers. In the fall I will be going to law school, and I am moving to an apartment in a week so I wont be spending this summer home.

Living at home when your not in college is just weird for any longer than 3 months. id rather pitch a tent in a state park.

Sure you're saving money by living at home, but you could save millions by never moving out! this type of mindset is what leads people to waste their lives playing it safe and never taking risks.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:55 PM

What if you remove the "broke" adjective? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]