Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Derek Jeter\'s clutchiest moments that ever clutched

In 99 Pedro was a on a different level to every other pitcher. He completely dominated in one of the biggest offensive eras of all time. He pitched some of the greatest games ever and on his day he was the best ever. He never racked up enough innings to be considered the best all time though.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been watching baseball for forty-six years and I've never seen a shortstop make a play on the first base line. Much less a backhand flip. With his team down 2 games to zip with one more loss meaning their season is over. With all due respect, to say it's a greater play for a first baseman to stretch to get a throw strains credulity. The fact that all major league shortstops have the atleticism to make the play is also, IMHO, not relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're agreeing with me more that its a GREAT MOMENT, but not an incredibly amazingly athletic play.

[/ QUOTE ]

"athletic" has little do with this plays greatness. The fact that he knew to be there, and knew how little time he had to make the play was the most impressive part of the play. then he executed, of course.

but you're right, I suppose if he had done a backflip on his was to make the play that would make it more athletic and therefore better.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:15 AM

Hack, I guess you are not from NY. I listened to all the Jeter interviews, and he sounded like one of the most selfish athletes I've ever heard. "He wasn't asked to come here to play SS"... "We had an opening at 3B".... (and other such quotes... not verbatim) It was never-ending, and he was marking his spot like a dog. I'm sure you can find all his quotes in all the NY dailies on it. Even Joe Torre got into it saying things like "Alex may have the better range, but that doesn't mean he fits there better". It was truly unreal.

As for evaluating catchers, you can check out my site:
http://www.tangotiger.net/catchers.html

Tom
Old 05-25-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hack, I guess you are not from NY. I listened to all the Jeter interviews, and he sounded like one of the most selfish athletes I've ever heard. "He wasn't asked to come here to play SS"... "We had an opening at 3B".... (and other such quotes... not verbatim) It was never-ending, and he was marking his spot like a dog. I'm sure you can find all his quotes in all the NY dailies on it. Even Joe Torre got into it saying things like "Alex may have the better range, but that doesn't mean he fits there better". It was truly unreal.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom-

You must not be from planet earth. Derek Jeter is one of the best human beings alive and would never be selfish. He sucks on defense on purpose, just to make the games closer for the fans. He is also not half black, thats just a bad rumor started by crazy Red Sox fans. To further illustrate Jeters unselfishness, he was once in a resteraunt and a baby was crying for food at a nearby table. Noticing the babys mother was small breasted, he offered his own breast for the baby to suckle on. Oddly enough, the baby is now 4 and is rumored to have terrible range.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:21 PM

zOmG, YES network reports that since 96, the yankees have a higher win % without jeter than with! SO UNCLUTCH?!?!?!?!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom-

You must not be from planet earth. Derek Jeter is one of the best human beings alive and would never be selfish. He sucks on defense on purpose, just to make the games closer for the fans. He is also not half black, thats just a bad rumor started by crazy Red Sox fans. To further illustrate Jeters unselfishness, he was once in a resteraunt and a baby was crying for food at a nearby table. Noticing the babys mother was small breasted, he offered his own breast for the baby to suckle on. Oddly enough, the baby is now 4 and is rumored to have terrible range.

[/ QUOTE ]

This almost resembles comedy - is it supposed to be funny?