Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Would Randy Johnson be \'in the right\' to throw at Manny tonight?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, that homer doesn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

so whats he doing wrong then Jack? he's throwing strikes. too many in the fat part of the plate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Are you freaking watching the game? Orel has made it VERY clear what is wrong if you are listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orel? I'm watching the YES feed. You are watching ESPN. But Al Leiter is saying basically the same thing
Old 05-24-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so whats he doing wrong then Jack? he's throwing strikes. too many in the fat part of the plate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Are you freaking watching the game? Orel has made it VERY clear what is wrong if you are listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orel? I'm watching the YES feed. You are watching ESPN. Please remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche. But are you at least watching what he is doing on the mound?
Old 05-24-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orel? I'm watching the YES feed. You are watching ESPN. Please remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche. But are you at least watching what he is doing on the mound?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i was pretty sure i was location. he looked pretty good the last couple of innings though so I think he's put it together. i look for him to improve from here on out.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or at least knock him down?

Last night Manny sat there and stood at the plate and admired his homerun for a really long time. It was even longer than Barry Bonds typically does it. Barry Bonds barely gets away with what he does because of who he is, but Manny, while a future hall of famer, hasn't reached the state of Barry Bonds and stood there even longer.

Not to mention they were still losing and it was just barely a HR over the green monster. The wind could have easily took it and bashed it off of the Green Monster (which, if I remember correctly, has happened to Manny before... admired a HR then it bounced off of the wall).

So if Randy Johnson throws at Manny or knocks him down... appropriate or inappropriate in baseball today? (This is addressing a more general question with a specific circumstance).

[/ QUOTE ]

So in a game DOWN by eight runs, a player who routinely watches his homeruns watches another one (hit off a career minor league) and he deserves to be hit?

Are you retarded? What about after he is hit and the Red Sox retaliate (rightly so) and hit Jeter or Arod and they get hurt?

[ QUOTE ]
Barry Bonds barely gets away with what he does because of who he is, but Manny, while a future hall of famer, hasn't reached the state of Barry Bonds and stood there even longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he 'barely gets away with it'? Do you get reports from opposing pitcers and they say "that damn Barry! if he wasnt an all time great i would nail him! If only he were only as good as Manny Ramirez, he would be open game"

Is there anyone else who 'barely gets away with it'? Could Jim Thome pull it off?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or at least knock him down?

Last night Manny sat there and stood at the plate and admired his homerun for a really long time. It was even longer than Barry Bonds typically does it. Barry Bonds barely gets away with what he does because of who he is, but Manny, while a future hall of famer, hasn't reached the state of Barry Bonds and stood there even longer.

Not to mention they were still losing and it was just barely a HR over the green monster. The wind could have easily took it and bashed it off of the Green Monster (which, if I remember correctly, has happened to Manny before... admired a HR then it bounced off of the wall).

So if Randy Johnson throws at Manny or knocks him down... appropriate or inappropriate in baseball today? (This is addressing a more general question with a specific circumstance).

[/ QUOTE ]

So in a game DOWN by eight runs, a player who routinely watches his homeruns watches another one (hit off a career minor league) and he deserves to be hit?

Are you retarded? What about after he is hit and the Red Sox retaliate (rightly so) and hit Jeter or Arod and they get hurt?

[ QUOTE ]
Barry Bonds barely gets away with what he does because of who he is, but Manny, while a future hall of famer, hasn't reached the state of Barry Bonds and stood there even longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he 'barely gets away with it'? Do you get reports from opposing pitcers and they say "that damn Barry! if he wasnt an all time great i would nail him! If only he were only as good as Manny Ramirez, he would be open game"

Is there anyone else who 'barely gets away with it'? Could Jim Thome pull it off?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you might be.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:15 PM

intelligent response to vaild points.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Intelligent response to being called retarded? Yeah.

I typically don't respond to anything a poster says if they have to personally attack me to get it across.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically don't respond to anything a poster says if they have to personally attack me to get it across.

[/ QUOTE ]

Par for the course from our resident mcfatty. no big macs are safe.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yet you just did. TWICE!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yet you just did. TWICE!

[/ QUOTE ]

What?