Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: AKo facing a min-raise - low M\'s

Remember that AA and KK are 50% less likely when you hold AK.
Your good player range is quite narrow. It is unlikely that he has three hands in that narrow of range in a short period of time. Good players don't mini-raise three times in early position typically.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM

Good players rarely min raise. It is the biggest tell online of a player who doesn't think about the odds they are laying their opponents. It means I have some kind of a raising hand (and even then not neccesarily). It means I'm too scared to put anymore chips in, and I can get away from a reraise as a result. Not always, but I've lost count of the number of players I see min-raising in EP and then folding to a raise.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good players rarely min raise. It is the biggest tell online of a player who doesn't think about the odds they are laying their opponents. It means I have some kind of a raising hand (and even then not neccesarily). It means I'm too scared to put anymore chips in, and I can get away from a reraise as a result. Not always, but I've lost count of the number of players I see min-raising in EP and then folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

A player really freaked everyone out by doing it all the time in a 300+ £50 MTT last night. I couldn't work it out at all. They made the money too. Once she (probably wasn't a she but was called Rose) did it with AA and then checked flop, called turn and value bet river. Another time, she stacked the BB from the SB with JJ when he had 10-10.
It was very annoying, very confusing, and no one knew how to deal with it.