Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Overzealous Wal-Mart greeters?

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't supposed to take the motorized carts out of the inside of the store onto the parking lot. This nice lady was just trying to do her job, give her a break for goodness sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think instead of telling someone not to take the motorized cart into the lot as soon as they head to the parking lot with it they are instead supposed to follow 3 feet behind customers until they reach their car? Also, if the carts are not allowed in the lot, how come there are no signs indicating such? How does greeter #2’s questions have anything to do with the cart having been on the lot?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would never happen at my wal-mart. They always ask to see my receipt when I leave which makes me think they thought I've stole something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we used self-checkout this was my first thought also. I thought that maybe I didn't degauss a security strip properly when I scanned it, but then I realized that they stop people and write down their receipt when this happens.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:28 PM

It would have been funny if you had bought some of the items in the incriminating grocery list thread
(shovel, garbage bags, rope, etc)
Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 PM

This is why women weren't allowed to work in days of yore.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:54 PM

Once I was drunk with some friends and we decided to go to my college town walmart. As I walked in I realized there was no Old Guy at the front with the smiley stickers. I immediately scream out "Where's the [censored] old guy with the stickers?!!"

He was sitting in the crap fast food joint about 30 feet away with the saddest look I've ever seen...
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't supposed to take the motorized carts out of the inside of the store onto the parking lot. This nice lady was just trying to do her job, give her a break for goodness sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You think instead of telling someone not to take the motorized cart into the lot as soon as they head to the parking lot with it they are instead supposed to follow 3 feet behind customers until they reach their car? Also, if the carts are not allowed in the lot, how come there are no signs indicating such? How does greeter #2’s questions have anything to do with the cart having been on the lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, hell..I don't know. I always go to Costco anyway and haven't been to a Walmart since about 1987 I would guess. The walmart person is probably making $6.00 an hour if they are lucky, so I really wouldn't expect any sort of competence or customer service from them anyway. I know if I was working somewhere for Walmart wages I would just let you take the freaking cart and load it up in your car and take it home with you if you wanted too.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:44 PM

one time i went to walmart, and the greeter was a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair.

her face was covered in about 12 of those smiley face stickers.

i couldn't help but wonder if she put them there herself, or if someone just decided to sticker-up grandma.

either way, she was pretty happy about it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time i went to walmart, and the greeter was a 90 year old woman in a wheelchair.

her face was covered in about 12 of those smiley face stickers.

i couldn't help but wonder if she put them there herself, or if someone just decided to sticker-up grandma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, now I remember why I don't go to Walmart. Jesus that sounds like a horror movie or something, not a pleasent shopping experience. From what I have read about walmart they were probably making her work off the clock and paying her with those stickers.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] As a former Wal-Mart employee you are partially correct. Normally if there is more than 1 greeter at the door one of them follows the customer to the handicapped parking and brings it back in for them. They aren't supposed to let it leave the store if they don't follow. You threw her for a big loop when you weren't parked in the handicapped spots. In rain or snow they won't let it out the door at all.