Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Chipolte vs. Burritoville

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I am shocked at the responses in this thread. I think Burritoville crushes Chipotle hands down. I will admit that I have simply stopped eating at Chipotle since my several early experiences with them were so bad (well, let's be generous and say mediocre at best). Burritoville OTOH has always been consistently awesome. That being said, since so many people here seem to prefer Chipotle I will try to check out the one across the street from my apt. (which I have avoided so far since I thought they all must suck). If it is better than B., or just good, then I will come back here and say so. But if it still sucks, then I am going to have to give it to you Chipotle fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you guys have Rubios? good stuff.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I am shocked at the responses in this thread. I think Burritoville crushes Chipotle hands down. I will admit that I have simply stopped eating at Chipotle since my several early experiences with them were so bad (well, let's be generous and say mediocre at best). Burritoville OTOH has always been consistently awesome. That being said, since so many people here seem to prefer Chipotle I will try to check out the one across the street from my apt. (which I have avoided so far since I thought they all must suck). If it is better than B., or just good, then I will come back here and say so. But if it still sucks, then I am going to have to give it to you Chipotle fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you did your taste test - results?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM

I've never been to C or BV. OOT seems to be on C's jock quite a bit, though, so I will drag myself over there soon.

I also do not think Freebird's is anything special. There are lots of good Mex/Tex-Mex places in Austin, though, so I am spoiled.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:52 PM

I've never been to Burritoville, but Chipotle is good but with one disclaimer. For some reason their tortillas have the taste and consistency of rubber...nothing a little hot sauce can't mask though.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote Mighty Taco

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a Rubio's on campus at UCLA. I don't like it. The burritos are boring and the salsas don't add much.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:58 PM

Chipotle = phenomenal

I live literally 50 yards away from a Chipotle, so I visit them frequently. It is delicious.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a Rubio's on campus at UCLA. I don't like it. The burritos are boring and the salsas don't add much.

[/ QUOTE ]
eat the tacos.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:44 PM

There not bad...Qdoba is better though imho.....

Matt
Old 05-23-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I vote Qdoba

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Not close. More variety, and customizeability.

[/ QUOTE ]

qdoba screws up way too much. chip all the way.

california tortilla sucks as well.