Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 04:38 PM

Default Re: TT in SB, please tell me why I suck

No real way to protect this hand in my opinion, bet hope to 3 bet. Getting this flop checked through sucks big time.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No real way to protect this hand in my opinion, bet hope to 3 bet. Getting this flop checked through sucks big time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this ever happen to you guys? I think I've seen an unbet flop about 5% of the time at 2/4 so far, and even then it was usually a rag flop. With A and K on board I doubt you'd ever see a checked flop at this level of poker.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're also opening the door for all the donkeys with a Q or J to hang around hoping to get their straight. Against the typical 2/4 opponent, I really want most of them out of the hand after this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like one of those thoughts where a person get so caught up in protecting a hand that he starts to make plays which lose value. Bet/3bet the flop. When I flop a set on a board that likely hits many opponents, I am looking to capitalize- not protect. Especially against those who don't understand pot odds nearly enough to fold anyway.

Haupt_234
Old 05-23-2006, 05:43 PM

I don't think the PF 3-bet is a good idea. With that much money in the pot already I don't think you can eliminate many limpers, if any.

I'd be tempted to try for a C/R on the flop, but that could be idiocy.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're also opening the door for all the donkeys with a Q or J to hang around hoping to get their straight. Against the typical 2/4 opponent, I really want most of them out of the hand after this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like one of those thoughts where a person get so caught up in protecting a hand that he starts to make plays which lose value. Bet/3bet the flop. When I flop a set on a board that likely hits many opponents, I am looking to capitalize- not protect. Especially against those who don't understand pot odds nearly enough to fold anyway.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]
Normally I look to capitalize with a set as well, but in this case you have a very vulnerable set and there's a good possibility it's already beaten.

Then again, I had a lot of sets beaten by straights this past weekend so I'm a bit biased right now.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Three bet that [censored].

If CO has AA or KK, I think we would have seen a cap PF.
The only hand I'm scared of is QJ but CO is closing the action on every street here, if he's holding QJ, he's retarded to not try to stick a raise in there before the river. If he has it, so be it, but to me it reads more like A5.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:38 AM

I play it the same on all streets.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the PF 3-bet is a good idea. With that much money in the pot already I don't think you can eliminate many limpers, if any.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3-bet is for value, not to eliminate limpers.