Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Common Spot, Spew?

If you are up against 1 villain I can see the bet, but against 2, I would have to check this.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 AM

I c-bet this flop in this position slightly more than half the time. Thus, I like your line, provided you shut down to resistance or a c/r. I think you get even weak suited aces (e.g. A8 of diamonds) to lay down here the majority of the time with a strong flop c-bet.

If Button and/or BB call here, you know you're likely up against a decent A, FD and/or straight draw. Maybe consider firing a second barrel on a blank turn to put heat on draws, but that's about it.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 AM

I understand the arguments here for checking, but there are a host of hands the BB and button would call a raise with. KQ KJ 89 etc. . . in either event your bet would represent an A and might get the better hands (89, J10 etc. . ) to fold. If not proceed cautiously. A9 A10 109 78c 89c are all resonable hands that might have called your raise.

I simply call the BB pre-flop. See a cheap flop, then fold if I don't hit. Try not to overplay small pairs preflop and you would not be in this position in the first place.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- The flop is extremely bad

[/ QUOTE ]

for whom?? if they dont hold an A then they will most likely fold. and if they do, they might be worried about the kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
Even against (1) villain, I think c-betting here is questionable. However, I must admit that I'm picky when it comes to c-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

not c-betting this if we're HU is a crime.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
for whom?? if they dont hold an A then they will most likely fold. and if they do, they might be worried about the kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop texture is bad with regard to some of the opponents' possible holdings, as it's likely one of them connected in some way (Ace-x, club draw, straight-draw, possible two-pair / set, etc). If you're called and the turn bricks, you're going to need to fire another barrel on the turn to have any chance of taking the pot. I like to c-bet under circumstances in which I have a high probability of winning the pot without resistance.

[ QUOTE ]
Even against (1) villain, I think c-betting here is questionable. However, I must admit that I'm picky when it comes to c-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
not c-betting this if we're HU is a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's so cut-and-dried. If you have position, I'm inclined to agree (barring a read that may indicate otherwise). If you're OOP, I don't think c-betting is so obvious.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:40 PM

i'm willing to agree with the flop not being the best, but i'm still c-betting this flop HU even OOP.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like c-betting here for the following reasons:

- You're up against (2) villains; one who has position on you. I'd be surprised if both of them folded here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of why I like Cbetting here is because I can sandwhich the button. Because there are 3 people,my bet looks stronger, he can't be happy to float because he doesn't know if the blind will call. If the blind calls, I could second barrel if he checks the turn at me suspecting he's on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the villain won't want to float because he's getting insufficient pot-odds for a draw, or because he's afraid the BB will come over the top?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm willing to agree with the flop not being the best, but i'm still c-betting this flop HU even OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems reasonable, mostly because you wish to represent the Ace.

I'm curious: do you tend to take the same line if the Ace is replaced with a Queen, Jack, or an Eight? How about boards with 2 middle-cards and 1 low card (T94, for example)?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:08 PM

against most of my opponents, yes.

i'd have to have some kind of read or really [censored] board to keep me from c-betting the flop after raising pf.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against most of my opponents, yes.

i'd have to have some kind of read or really [censored] board to keep me from c-betting the flop after raising pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you also play this way at NL 50 and NL 100? I'm just asking because against the average opponent (no real reads, etc), I primarily use (2) things to determine how often I c-bet the flop (assuming I'm heads-up with no draw):

- Flop texture

- Position

Against (2) villains, I almost never c-bet. Do you think I might be leaving money on the table by playing this way?