Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 10:35 AM

Default .PP .50/1 6\'s in the hole, set flop with AK.

Villain is 32/2 over 68 hands.

Please comment.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: .PP .50/1 6\'s in the hole, set flop with AK.

bet/3 bet the flop

I would bet/call the river.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM

First of all don't post the results in the title. Knowing what your opponent had can only hurt the discussion.

Secondly why didn't you bet the flop? Unless you had a read that someone behind you was likely to bet so that you could perform a check-raise, there is no excuse for not betting here.

You don't generally slowplay on a multiway pot unless the situation was something like uncoordinated flop, SB bets and you're next up with a set and many players behind you. Then you just call the flop, being ready to 3-bet if anyone does raise behind you.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Preflop is fine.

Bet the flop. You don't know who's going to bet it for you since there was no pfr, and even a weak ace might check this through. Raise if you get the chance. The only hand you're afraid of right now is AA, and did I mention that there was no pfr?

You finally dug into it on the turn. Good.

Why are you slowing down on the river? The only hands you're worried about are AA/KK/AK/A6/A4, and did I mention that there was no pfr? So really you're only worried about A6 and A4, and there's what, 8 possible combos? C'mon. You're going to get strong action from ANY ace, here, get more money in the pot.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM

I meant, AK came on flop, not that villain had AK, but I can see where it was confusing now that I think about it.

yeah, I agree, I should bet the flop. I've read a million times here don't slow play a set, sometimes I don't do what I know is right...just seemed like an opportunity with AK, to slow play and take advantage of the AK flop.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM

*grunch*

Bet the flop. Cap if necessary. Only AA beats you at this point and you would have heard about it preflop. Turn is good, I think I go farther with the river. A4 and A6 seem possible for villian, but so does 44 and any other A-rag.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 AM

I would bet that flop and keep pounding. It would be awful if it got checked through. Turn play is good. Not sure why CO slows down on the flop when everyone is trapped and then opens up again on the turn. He sure is acting like that king helped him but how? I would probably throw in one more bet on the river and call the raise.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM

Bet, raise, cap, scratch, bite, scream like a girlie who just lost her lunchbox with barbie stickers on it, just do anything to bet that flop. Even more so with the 2 flush looming. Do not risk giving a free card to the drawers out there.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you slowing down on the river? The only hands you're worried about are AA/KK/AK/A6/A4, and did I mention that there was no pfr? So really you're only worried about A6 and A4, and there's what, 8 possible combos? C'mon. You're going to get strong action from ANY ace, here, get more money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Boz,

What are your thoughts on a river checkraise? I don't think that balls to the wall is necessarily the best line here.

My first instinct was to bet-3bet if the 2nd stat was AGG, or bet-call if the 2nd stat was PFR. If we 3bet, a cap is going to be bad news more often than not. If we checkraise the river, we (virtually) guarantee at least 2 bets on the river, and can just call a 3bet.

I don't much like a capped turn and river with an underfull.

Andy
Old 05-23-2006, 11:17 AM

Bet the flop. River check-call is good, I'd checkraise if it didn't pair the Ace.