Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: hand vs nate 30 short wynn

Also what do you guys think about chk-call the flop and donk betting the turn hoping to induce a raise for a three bet opportunity?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 AM

Think check-raise flop or check-call, check-raise turn are the best ones as IŽm not sure the more suspicious ones will generate more action against a player like nate.

IŽd probably check-raise the flop as I dont really know that much about his play, if he folds, then you probably wouldnŽt have gotten much action no matter how you played it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also what do you guys think about chk-call the flop and donk betting the turn hoping to induce a raise for a three bet opportunity?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this at the start, I don't think I would be 3-betting Nate however on the turn if he did raise.

True
Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this at the start, I don't think I would be 3-betting Nate however on the turn if he did raise.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be, unless you're planning on calling his turn raise to spicy the river.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be, unless you're planning on calling his turn raise to spicy the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly that.

I think he will often fold anything that isn't ~AA if we bet/3-bet, depends how often Hero has done it or ever done it before.

True
Old 05-23-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly that.

I think he will often fold anything that isn't ~AA if we bet/3-bet, depends how often Hero has done it or ever done it before.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I think that's awfully tight. Most people are afraid of being exploited by loose bet3bets enough that he'll call down with a good top pair in addition to putting in more bets with 2pr hands. In a 4-handed game I think AT-AK folds to a turn 3bet pretty rarely.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM

c/r the flop to start. If he 3 bets, try to call and bet/3 bet the turn. If he just calls your turn bet, screwplay the river.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Check/call flop, bet/3-bet turn. He's just not giving you much action without an Ace, and a good Ace will raise the turn since you look like an Ace who wants to get a bet on the turn.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like check-bet-call, check-bet-raise myself.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

jeff, why do you like this over c/r, lead?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:14 PM

Never played against Nate but I have to imagine that a risk of going for a river checkraise is that Nate might be tricky enough to raise the turn without an ace but with a marginal pocket or piece, trying to get a higher pocket or piece to fold -- but preparing to fold to a 3-bet. Seems there's a definite risk he'll take the free showdown, or am I nuts?