Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Venetain Dilemma

Maybe Quenton Tarantino should make a sequel to Reservoir Dogs. Only this time instead of arguing about tipping waitresses, it can have a scene in a poker room where they argue about tipping dealers.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Where should comments and opinions about dealer tipping go? I think it's a serious subject. Not the "how much should I tip, blah, blah, blah" stuff, but dealers ARE important to B&M cardrooms which is the name of this forum and I have a few comments about it. So where should posts on this subject go?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM AKQJ10 about a poker wiki page that has all this info and the discussions for it.

No offense to anyone in this thread, but major hijacking of Howard's dilemma of what happened there and it had ZERO to do with tipping.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM

Who are you, and WHY do you feel the need to bless everyone with your BS in EVERY reply?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you, and WHY do you feel the need to bless everyone with your BS in EVERY reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who I am?

I thought this was apparent:
[ QUOTE ]
Photoc
Sushi-Master

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I didn't bless anyone, nor did I BS anyone. I'm the one telling you how it is. You need to learn to read a little bit on these forums and have some credibility before you comone on here posting garbage that does not add anything to this thread.

I was merely pointing out, and was apparent from my reply, that this thread has derailed from it's original purpose and that was to discuss management problems in the OP at the Venetian. Not to devolve into a tipping discussion, which seems to be the result of many many threads nowadays. Those , in turn, become nothing but flame wars and hurt the overall experience of the users/readers/posters of 2+2 when all they see is people hating on each other of the same issuue time and time again. So I respectfully ask not to post "bs" as you call it like you did when you have zero tactful ground to stand on.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to learn to read a little bit on these forums and have some credibility before you comone on here posting garbage that does not add anything to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good one. Go back and read some of your posts on this board -- maybe you will find the irony in what you wrote above.

[ QUOTE ]
I was merely pointing out, and was apparent from my reply, that this thread has derailed from it's original purpose and that was to discuss management problems in the OP at the Venetian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thank you very much 2+2 cop. You should change your "title", no doubt.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 PM

Agreed. But one thing WILL lead to another thing once in a while photoc and stimulate another subject. That's what happens on internet forums.

I understand most of the basic crap over tipping dealers and been re-hashed to death. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about novice questions. I'm talking about the basic attitude towards dealers from some that I don't think is healthy for poker in general. I'm talking about the role good dealer plays in our poker careers. I just had a little something to say about it. Sorry for my part in the hijack.

Btw- I don't need info on dealer tipping, but it appears that others still do.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:32 PM

<font color="blue"> Not to devolve into a tipping discussion, which seems to be the result of many many threads nowadays. </font>

But it DID evolve into a tipping discussion, because MANAGEMENT came on here to address OP and revealed his decision was ABOUT tipping!! So tipping was very relevant in this case to the OP. Sorry that you don't like that. Maybe YOU should've stopped reading at that point and you wouldn't have been so bothered by it.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:37 PM

Honestly, I'm not really that bothered by it, more sick of seeing tipping stuff. I can see both sides of the story.

I was reading this thread and all the views posted with great interest until it became another tipping thread and now the replies and discussion that go towards the OP are getting lost in the "other" discussion now.

My main gripe is that all tipping threads do is turn into flame/nit wars and it doesn't help anyone. And in this case, it doesn't help the OP with the discussion/views on this dilema. It almost seems like that as soon as tipping was mentioned, everything else took a back seat so the tipping stuff could be rehashed yet again.

I'd be more than willing to take part in a discussion about professional dealers and whatnot, but I really hoped to do that in it's own thread, not in one that was designed for tipping, but for management issues. The only problem is that every time a tipping thread is started..it's the same question: "how much/when should I tip" and not really a discussion/conversation about anything except how cheap/generous each poster is.

edited for spelling
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 PM

Fair enough. I'm not a regular on the B&amp;M forum, so I missed all the previous BS about tipping. I do agree that the "how much/when should I tip" questions don't need to be gone over more than a few times before they start becoming a nuisance.

Yes, I'm talking about other (more important) issues concerning dealers and their relationship to players and management.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. I'm not a regular on the B&amp;M forum, so I missed all the previous BS about tipping. I do agree that the "how much/when should I tip" questions don't need to be gone over more than a few times before they start becoming a nuisance.

Yes, I'm talking about other (more important) issues concerning dealers and their relationship to players and management.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it, make a post and I have no problem contributing since I've been on both sides of the fence for the past 10 years. I just feel bad for Howard's post that started this thread and it got so far away from the original topic that I really doubt it's coming back after 120+ replies, with 2/3 of them not relating to the OP.