Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 12:15 AM

Default That 70\'s Finale

So painfully bad. Now I know why all the actors were crying so hard at the final curtain, this is quite possibly how some of them will be remembered for some time.

Although it did seem like Debra Jo Rupp (Kitty) could hardly contain herself in a couple of the final scenes.

I know it's a lightweight show, but you'd think they might want to resolve SOMETHING in the last show!

Shame they couldn't bring back "6....6.....6"
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: That 70\'s Finale

Didnt see it, what happened?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM

I was never a huge fan of the show but I enjoy catching the reruns from time to time. A lightweight show but I've seen much worse.

I caught a few new episodes this season and it was really bizarre. It was the same actors but the characters were totally different - it was really horrible - it was like they took the show into the Twilight Zone or Bizarro World.

I guess they couldn't figure out what to do when their 2 most known actors left the show.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 AM

Basically nothing. Really.

Details:
-Hyde inherits the 'wrekka stow' (come on, Prince fans!)
-Red and Kitty decide not to sell the house (lots of flashbacks to better seasons episodes memories).
-Hyde has a bad trip, so is drug-free for about 10 minutes.
-Smelso comes back and jumps off the watertower
-Not-Eric gets dumped by Donna
-Eric misses his flight home
-Fez' best friend visits from his home country, bringing super-pot (see Hyde's bad trip) and an awful British accent. Plus, turns out Fez' homeland does not actually have a name - "oh the hilarity".
-Jackie and Fez get together
-Final moments, Eric comes back and makes out with Donna briefly (Donna is leaving for college, so ambiguous)
-Hyde tells his water-powered car story again
-NYE countdown (in voiceover - for dramatic effect!)
-The End
-Final credits are from first season, they couldn't even think of a good way to roll the final credits!

And still, nothing really happened. It took an hour for this to not happen.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:45 AM

I agree, I think it should've just ended with donna and eric on the vista cruiser with him giving her the kiss in the end(so as to have the full circle from the first episodes), there was no need for anything else after that. Then again, so few series ever have great sendoffs, so this one wasn't all that bad, it just seemed sorta wanting with the extra 5 minutes after the donna/eric scene after he came back
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44 AM

Best part of the finale was when they played some Big Star, because Big Star was the best thing that came out of the 70's.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, I think it should've just ended with donna and eric on the vista cruiser with him giving her the kiss in the end(so as to have the full circle from the first episodes), there was no need for anything else after that. Then again, so few series ever have great sendoffs, so this one wasn't all that bad, it just seemed sorta wanting with the extra 5 minutes after the donna/eric scene after he came back

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the series always revolved around Donna-Eric. It would have been a fitting way to end the show. E and D sitting on the vista cruiser, not knowing what the future will bring, just like it was 8 years before.

On a side note, it was good to see topher on the finale. He was such a huge part of the show for so long, for him not to be there would have been bad.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically nothing. Really.

Details:
-Hyde inherits the 'wrekka stow' (come on, Prince fans!)
-Red and Kitty decide not to sell the house (lots of flashbacks to better seasons episodes memories).
-Hyde has a bad trip, so is drug-free for about 10 minutes.
-Smelso comes back and jumps off the watertower
-Not-Eric gets dumped by Donna
-Eric misses his flight home
-Fez' best friend visits from his home country, bringing super-pot (see Hyde's bad trip) and an awful British accent. Plus, turns out Fez' homeland does not actually have a name - "oh the hilarity".
-Jackie and Fez get together
-Final moments, Eric comes back and makes out with Donna briefly (Donna is leaving for college, so ambiguous)
-Hyde tells his water-powered car story again
-NYE countdown (in voiceover - for dramatic effect!)
-The End
-Final credits are from first season, they couldn't even think of a good way to roll the final credits!

And still, nothing really happened. It took an hour for this to not happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed it on Tv and downloaded the torrent and didn't see some of the stuff mentioned. Was it two differnt episodes?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I missed it on Tv and downloaded the torrent and didn't see some of the stuff mentioned. Was it two differnt episodes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Well it was two episodes, "Love of my life" and "That 70's Finale". What I listed was pretty much in order over the two episodes.