Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Default Lightening Never strikes twice in the same spot.... Does it?

I friggin' hate this game [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

My roll increased enough over the past two weeks to take a stab at a higher level. Played my Taggish self (14/6/2)at a table for about 25 hands before I get a pushable situation.

I PFR 4X 1st in CO with 77. Called by MP+1. Flop is Qh7h3s. I PSB after a check... gets called. Tc falls on the turn and I once again PSB and get called. River completes the guys flush and I lose another half pot bet. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Two cycles later..... SAME THING (only this time I have top set w/ jacks) SAME VILLAN.

Ready for this..... he chats "man, u suck". <font color="red">The funny part is, I had just finished typing the same thing....he was just quicker to hit the SEND button </font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

At what point in the table stakes does it take a PUSH on the turn to get rid of the flush chasers??????
Old 05-20-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Lightening Never strikes twice in the same spot.... Does it?

you don't want to get rid of them plain and simple. you bet enough to price out the draws correctly and if they call then they have made a mistake and you have an edge. The suckouts will happen but enjoy villian and please remember his name so you can always play at his game as he is an obvious donk.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:17 PM

these are the best because they don't even bet enough on the end to make it correct to chase....plus a few times they'll chase when you already have a FH and then you can really punish them.

The only time I push turns against obvious draws is when their stack is so small that the river all in is a given anyway regardless of whether the flush hits. For instance, $50 pot, they have $75 left...rather than pot it, I just push...lots of the time they'll call.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:20 PM

For many villains at SSNL you can't push them off a flush draw. Doesn't matter if you push or not. They will call hoping to hit their flush and stack you.

Just keep betting enough so that when they hit their draw they can't get enough out of you on the river to have correctly called. If you continue to do this, over the long run you will be profitable in these situations.

Sometimes they are going to hit their hands no matter how much you bet, but if your villain can't extract the $$s from you in order to have made the call correct based on pot odds you will win in the long run in these situations.

P.S. And don't respond to their jibes or start calling your villains names, etc. This is -EV. If they call you an idiot or a donk... AGREE with them. It often throws them off their stride when you do this and anything that can throw them off their game is +EV for you.

Think of it this way. You know that you play better than they do. By agreeing with them they will frequently start trying to isolate you, and that is a situation you want. To be isolated against a weaker player.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Yeah well..... variance sucks.

It seems that EVERY time I take my stacks up a level, I get slammed down several 100BB within the first two or three days and the chips it took me a month to earn have evaporated. I mean EVERY friggin time. This game sucks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

It did manage to stack off another 100BB at a different table last night with top FH to quads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] With QQ in hand and a reraise from me PF, the flop was Q44. I was delighted. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2006, 12:33 PM

If villian knows he can get a half PSB out of you on the river, I highly doubt he's making a mistake calling a PSB on the turn.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well..... variance sucks.

It seems that EVERY time I take my stacks up a level, I get slammed down several 100BB within the first two or three days and the chips it took me a month to earn have evaporated. I mean EVERY friggin time. This game sucks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

It did manage to stack off another 100BB at a different table last night with top FH to quads [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] With QQ in hand and a reraise from me PF, the flop was Q44. I was delighted. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost with top boat to quads twice yesterday. I lost with a flopped boat to a rivered larger boat. Got my chips in with the best hand each time. Everyone else on these boards that plays a sufficient number of hands sees the same crud most every single day. Get used to it or you should really start looking for a new hobby. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get used to it or you should really start looking for a new hobby. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAAaaaaaaaa.

This is just a [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] (woe is me) post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 PM

If villain is bad enough to call all-in on a draw on the turn, I'll happily push my set. Few people are that stupid though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]